Outer/Blueberry... Not Everyone Likes Space

Warning!! Hella angsty at first whoops

~~~~~

Blue and Outer sat together as they held hands and admired the space that Outertale was occupied in. Well- only one of them seemed to be admiring. Outer didn't seem impressed, far from it, actually. He wasn't even looking into the sky!

"Outer, this place is beautiful! Why don't you want to look at it?" Blue said, mesmerized by the soft twinkles of stars. His eyes were shaped like large stars, like if it was a reflection of the night sky.

Outer chuckled, shrugging. His smile was strained when Blue had made that comment. It was a phrase he's heard all too many times before. "You tend to get bored of looking at the same thing, y'know?" he explained.

Blue turned to look at Outer, seeming surprised by his answer. "B- But Outer! This is just- so vast-!" Blue let go of Outer's hand and outstretched his arms, like he wanted to give all the space itself a hug, "So many beautiful constellations! And it's all new every time I come here!"

Vast was the exact problem, Outer thought. He finally glanced at the familiar sky as he shoved his empty hand in his pocket, feeling a sense of dread weighing on him. "When you live here long enough, Blue, it just starts to feel the same..." he glanced at the same constellation there, he swore he's seen that other pattern before... "You start to look past the stars and just see what it really is."

"But this is beautiful! Have you seen the colors-?"

"The... colors..?" It's the same question many end up asking. Like if the colors- or the constellations- or the novas- the twinkles- the science behind it all would change his mind! He had hoped his boyfriend would have been above asking that kind of question...

"Blue! It's like seeing the same forest and flowers and snow in your world! It just stops being nice to look at-!" Outer exclaimed, the hands in his pockets tight fists. "Maybe it's paradise for someone that likes a large vacuum of nothingness- but I hate it here! I want to help my human get us back to Earth because it's terrifying here-"

Blue was taken aback, but Outer continued.

"I thought you could at least respect that- to me- this is the underground. The place I want to leave the most-"

Outer didn't realize he had been glaring at the all-too-bright grass, and looked up to find Blue looking very concerned. He was confused as to why until he felt something on his cheek. He put a hand there, and looking at his hand was a blob of stupid glittery tears that began floating up.

"Outer?"

The skeleton looked away from Blue.

"Outer-"

"It's fine-" he quickly said and turned around, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him from walking away.

"Hold on- I'm sorry- I- I get it now," Blue muttered.

When Outer didn't seem to budge, Blue sighed before continuing.

"I... I would start getting frustrated too if others were making me like something I hated. If they made me try to like the prison I was placed in-" he walked in front of Outer and held his shoulders gently.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking at things in your perspective."

After a moment of tense silence, Outer leaned his head into Blue's chest, who instantly held him in a hug.

"Finally- someone gets me..."

"It took me long enough-" Blue chuckled softly before falling silent.

~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE(?)
Okay so I just logged in to shove this short somewhere and omg!!! there's a bunch of people that read my oneshots! I'll be trying to write more often since I'm hella rusty at it uwu I think someone mentioned about writing crossmare- so I guess that'll be what I'm writing next haha