CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

AUTHOR'S POV - 

"Team India has won the T20 and the Man of the Match goes to Shubman Gill, who made an unbeaten score of 100 and led India to victory." Harsha Bhogle announced and Shubman went towards him. 

"So Mr. Shubman Gill, how do you feel?" Harsha Bhogle asked. 

"Amazing, I have no words at all. The feeling is special, it is the first big tournament I played for the team and such good performance was totally unexpected for me." Shubman said, he indeed looked really happy. 

"There was a huge debate about your selection in the squad for the finals, what would you like to say about that?" Harsha Bhogle asked him. 

"Yes, there was a debate, but all I would like to tell who ever that had a doubt on me is that right now my performance speaks. And this performance is because of the ones who had a faith in me and supported me, especially my parents and in the team, Virat bhai and Mahi bhai." Shubman said. 

"Speaking about MS and Virat, we saw you had a small chat with Virat when you came down and even with Ms when he came down, what did they tell you?" Harsha Bhogle asked. 

"Just play your game and we are there for you, is the common thing they both told me. They both seriously showed a lot of trust in me while selecting me and were always there to guide me at every point even down there. Team India as a whole has played a major role behind my performance." Shubman said and MSD and Virat had their proud faces up. 

"Last question, we just spotted your cute fan, no cute bestie again, what would you like to say?" Harsha Bhogle asked and Anvi was shown on the big screen again. 

"What the f**k, not again." Anvi who was clicking a pic whined. 

"They are in love with your cuteness." Iya said. 

"My foot what cuteness?" Anvi sighed. 

"Oh, yes cute bestie, she is totally not a fan but I would love it if one day she turns into a fan." Shubman said looking at Anvi who clearly looked annoyed. 

"Great, I am sure with this performance she will. All the best once again and I wonts keep you waiting." Harsha Bhogle said and Shubman went and collected his trophy. 

Then Virat went answered a few questions and brought along the trophy to the team, they all posed and then got up and ran a whole round along the borders of the ground. They then slowly, interacting with their fans and giving autographs and selfies came back into the dressing room. 

"Challo, lets go to the dressing room." Sakshi said. 

"Yes, lets go." Anvi said and they all headed towards the dressing room. 

"Excuse me, where the hell do you think you are going?" a voice came from behind when Anvi was going to enter the dressing room and all looked back to see Suhana. 

"The dressing room of team India. Why any problem?" Anvi asked. 

"Yes, this dressing room is not for fans you know." Suhana said. 

"Oh really, thank you for the information but this apply's to you since you were also going to the dressing room" Anvi said and Abhishek laughed. 

"Excuse me? What do you even mean to say?" Suhana asked rudely. 

"The same thing you did, this dressing room is not for fans and thats totally what you are cause you do not look like an official, family member, friend or team member do you?" Anvi asked. 

"Look at your self first, you are wearing an Indian team jersey like any fan would and you dare to call me a fan." Suhana said. 

"Oh this is not any Indian team's jersey it is Shubh's jersey right? and yes please stop obstructing our way." Iya said.