Taking a trip

Hey everyone! This story is going to wrapped up in the next ten or so chapters. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on that! Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with me through it all!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya didnt go home after she left the studio. Instead she just drove around for what felt like hours, allowing herself to feel all the emotions from today. How did she get to this point? How could she let Josh slip through her fingers like this? Was her career worth it?

She couldn't understand or make much sense of everything. Part of her wanted to be angry with Josh for just walking out like that, for not fighting for her. Then another part of her wanted to punch herself because she had been the one to break things off with him in the first place. Would he have fought for her if they were still together?

Her phone kept going off as Maya kept ignoring it and letting them go straight to voicemail. No doubt had Josh been home and told her family what had happened. She wondered what Josh had come up with and told her parents, no way would he have told them the truth. Shawn would have figured some way to get her out of that contract. Maybe she needed to tell them, maybe life was giving her that push to finally just come out and tell them everything.

But its not like they would be able to do much about it. Maya was eighteen now, her parents wouldn't be able to get her out of that contract even if they had found out the truth. It had to come from Maya herself. And Josh was right, there was no way her career would be able to survive this. Besides, Shawn and Katy were having a baby. She couldnt do this to them. They wouldnt have enough money to support the child without her job.

Maya was supposed to leave for her tour in just six days. This morning she was excited about that, but this morning she was going to have Josh by her side. Sighing as she reached down and grabbed her phone because it was ringing for the millionth time, Maya answered it when she saw that Farkle was the caller id.

"Maya, where are you? Josh is here talking to your parents and we overheard them saying that he wasnt going on tour with you. Something about going back to New York for a while." Farkle told her. Maya felt her heart drop.

That was it. Josh wanted to move back to New York while she was away for tour. So, this meant that they were done for good. But what about Riley and Auggie? What was going to happen the them? Farkle saying her name over and over brought her back to reality. Maya felt like she was going to lose it.

"I need you." She whispered queitly. "Please." She practically begged. She needed her best friend. There was silence on the other end of the phone before Farkle let out a breath.

"Where are you?" He asked her.

"You know." She responded. And he did. It was where she always went when she felt like she didnt know what to do next, when life got so overwheliming.

"I'm on my way." He spoke before the line went dead.

Maya didnt know how long she had waited until a car pulled up. She noticed Riley in the drivers seat as Farkle leaned over and shared a kiss with her before getting out. Riley shared a sad smile with Maya before she  pulled back out and down the road. Farkle opened the passenger side door and got in before looking over at Maya.

"I told her to drop me off so I could drive you back home after we were done talking." Farkle explained knowing that Maya was wondering why Riley had come. "Josh is still talking to your parents." He told her.

"What did he tell my parents?" She asked him. Farkle bit his lip.

"We didnt hear much. He said that since Riley and I were going to join you on tour that he felt like it was time for him to go back to New York and figure some things out." Farkle whispered. Riley had begged Josh to agree to let Farkle join them on tour. At first he was relunctant, but agreed when he realized that they would be on seperate tour busses.

"So he's moving back there." Maya confirmed. Farkle hesitated on answering.

"He never said he was moving back there for good. But he talked like he would be there for as long as you were going to be on tour. If not maybe longer." Farkle admitted. "Your parents told him that they would keep Auggie with them for the time being so he could do whatever it is that he needed. Josh did say that by the time tour was over, Riley would be eighteen and she'd be able to decide what she wanted to do."

"So he implied that he was moving back for good." Maya confirmed. Farkle sighed.

"I dont think he knows what he wants, Maya. I think that because of whatever happened between the two of you, he's acting on impulse." Farkle explained. Maya shook her head.

"What does Riley think about this?" Maya asked him.

"She's confused just like everyone else, waiting her turn to talk to him and find out what happened." He told her. "What did happen, Maya?" Farkle asked her.

"Larry happened." She reponded bitterly. "You know when I asked you if you could hack into the camera system over at his house? Well we werent very graceful when it came to sneaking around. We knocked over one of his statues and woke him up. He didnt know it was us at first, but when we gave our cd to the label today instead of the other one, he figured it out. Now he's blackmailing me into firing Josh as my manager. He doesnt want me to have anything to do with him."

Maya finally let loose and cried. Farkle scooted closer and hugged her while she cried into his neck. He wasnt sure what to do at this point, what to say. He wanted to encourage her but he wasnt sure how.

"Maya you need to tell your parents." He decided on. Maya shook her head.

"They're having a baby, Farkle. I cant do that to them." She told him. "I dont know what to do. Josh is going to move back to New York and its my fault. I shouldnt have broken up with him, I shouldnt have snuck into Larry's. I should have just kept my mouth shut and produced the music that Larry wanted me to do and none of this would have happened."

Now Farkle knew what to do.

"Maya, you and Josh creating your own cd and own sound was the right thing to do. It gave you the push you needed to be able to get your own music out there and show Larry that he cant boss you around. I know things seem hopeless now, but maybe you and Josh just need some time to figure things out. You just got your career where you've always wanted it, and Josh going back to New York, maybe its not as bad as we think it is."

"You really think I need to just, let him go?" She asked as she pulled away from him and stared.

"I think that no matter what happens Josh isnt going to let you give up your career for him. I think that going back to New York, cooling off a bit. Him putting things in perspective is a good thing. It's not like you wont ever hear from him, Riley is going to be on tour with you and I really dont see him going three months without talking to you."

"The tour is for six months." Maya whispered.

"Yeah, but Riley still has to come back for her senior year." Farkle reminded her. That's right. Riley was only going on tour for the summer.

"Oh yeah." She said. Maya looked down. With Josh gone and Riley leaving. She was going to practically be by herself. As if reading her mind, Farkle smiled and bumped her shoulder with his.

"But that will give us some time to hang out again, just the two of us." Maya looked confused.

"Wont you want to come back with Riley?" She asked him. Farkle shrugged his shoulders.

"I dont know, travleing the world with my best friend. It seems like a once in a lifetime thing to me. I'm sure Riley would understand." Maya bit her lip and hugged him again.

"You're the best, Farkle. But I cant let you do that. I'm not going to make you and Riley suffer just because things arent good with me and Josh." She told him. Farkle leaned down and kissed her head.

"You'll get through this, Maya. But you dont have to do it alone.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________