The interview

Hey y'all! sorry it is taking me so long to update chapters. Senior year has me beat a little. Anyway, Thank you all so much for sticking with me! Enjoy this next chapter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the ride to the hotel was silent. Riley was asleep and Josh and Maya didnt dare say a word to each other. There was nothing to say. Maya decided to get her mind off of it by going over the questions she's heard a thousand times in her head with the answers she always gives. She would glance over at Josh every now and then just to see him focusing on the road instead of anything else.

Once they got to the hotel, Josh grabbed the keys out of the ignition and tossed them in Maya's lap before getting out of the car without a word being said. Maya sighed as she got out of the car to go to the trunk and get everything out of the car. Josh opened the back door so he could wake Riley up.

"I dont wanna." Riley whined as she rolled over and buried her head. Josh let out a chuckle as he shook her gently again.

"You can rest in the hotel room when we get there. Come on we got to go." He said again. Riley held her arms out.

"Carry me." She whined. Josh rolled his eyes before he grabbed Riley and put her arms around his neck so he could pick her up bridal style and shut the door with his hip. He looked over at Maya.

"Can you get the bags?" He asked. Maya was a little shocked that he was even talking to her.

"What?" She asked. Josh rolled his eyes.

"The bags." He said again. Maya looked down and realization came on her face.

"Oh yeah, yeah I got them." She said. Josh nodded his head before Riley snuggled her head deeper into Josh's neck and he turned around heading into the hotel room.

Maya smiled at the sight of Josh being such a good uncle. He acted more like an older brother to Riley and Auggie more than anything else. Maya sighed as she picked up the duffle bags. Thankfully they were just duffle bags that hardly had anything in them since they were only staying for a weekend. Maya shut the trunk of the car and went inside to go check into the hotel.

A couple of hours later, everyone was ready to head to the interview. Riley slept for another hour before she got up and got ready to go with Maya. Josh was still ignoring Maya and Riley could feel the tension in the room when they were together. They were all now back in the car and starting their ten minute drive to where they needed to be.

Once they got there, Maya showed them her ID and told security that Josh and Riley were her guests. They all got escorted to back stage where Maya was shown her dressing room. She gave them a thank you before they all made their way into the room.

"So, what is with you two today?" Riley asked. Maya looked over at Josh who had his eyes anywhere but hers. Riley looked in between the two of them and shook her head. "You were fine when we left this morning." She tried again but yet it was still nothing. She rolled her eyes before flopping down on the couch. "Whatever, just make sure you two work it out before we go sight seeing later." Riley stated.

"Maya." One of the crew members said as she came into the room. Maya looked over and smiled at her. "We're ready for you." She said. Maya nodded her head before she gave one more look aver at Josh and then sighed as she walked out of the room. She made her way to the main stage and was greeted by the woman who was going to interview her.

"Maya! My name is Melody." She said as she brought Maya into a hug. Maya smiled as she hugged her back.

"It's very nice to meet you." Maya told him. They started walking onto the main stage before the camera guy told them one minute before they were on the air.

"So we have some water right here for you if you get thirsty during the interview and we also have a snack table for breaks in between scenes." Melody said causing Maya to smile and nod her head.

"Five seconds everyone!" The camera guy said causing everyone to get into their places. Maya took a seat on the couch and then the camera guy gave Melody the okay to start talking.

"Good morning everyone! We are joined here today by Ms. Maya Hunter, welcome." She said to Maya who smiled at her.

"Thank you for having me." she stated causing Melody to smile.

"So lets just get right into it, how is your music going?" Melody asked as Maya started to go straight into it.

Meanwhile back in the dressing room Josh and Riley were sitting on the couch watching her interview on the T.V.

"So, Shawn Mendes, huh?" Riley asked causing Josh to let out a chuckle as he never let his eyes wonder off of the T.V. Screen.

"I thought you were asleep." He said causing Riley to shrug her shoulders.

"What happens between you and Maya is was more interesting than sleep. Why do you think I slept for an extra hour?" She asked causing Josh to smile and nod his head.

"I dont know, I guess it just kind of bothered me that she never mentioned him." He said honestly. Riley sighed as she looked at the look Josh was giving Maya through the screen. Even when he's angry at her he still gives her a look of admiration.

"I dont agree with what Maya did, but you got to remember it is her first relationship. Everything that you learned not to do in your first relationship, she is just learning not to do. It's not an excuse I'm just saying." Riley told him. Josh nodded his head.

"Thanks Riley." He said before they turned their attention back to the T.V. Screen.

"So speaking of Shawn Mendes, how long has it been since you've seen him?" Melody asked causing Maya to shift uncomfortably in her seat knowing that Josh was watching. She didnt want to put her foot further in her mouth where he was concerned.

"Um, It's been a while. Probably a year." Maya answered. Melody nodded.

"Do you guys get to talk a lot?" She asked. Maya hesitated before answering.

"Um, we text every now and then. We both have pretty busy schedules." She said thinking that was a pretty good answer. Melody smiled.

"Well that's good." She said. "Shawn, come on out!" Melody yelled.

Maya's eyes winded as she looked behind her to see Shawn coming out and onto the stage.

Josh's jaw clenched as he was witnessing what he was witnessing on the screen.

"Did Maya tell you about this?" Josh asked Riley. Riley shook her head.

"I dont even think Maya knew about this." Riley answered.

Shawn opened his arms out for a hug and Maya hesitantly got up to give him one. They both smiled at each other as Maya sat back down on the chair and instead of Shawn sitting on the couch he sat right beside Maya on the small chair making their sides and shoulders touch causing the audience to go wild.

Now the interview just got interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dont hate me...