A Good Day

Hey everyone! So I'm actually just going to get right into it! Hope you guys enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today was a good day for many reasons. Riley and Farkle had made it official, Farkle asked her out on their fourth date, which Riley all but screamed out 'yes'. Josh had gone out to have lunch with Farkle, just Farkle. This caused some panic to rise in Maya and amusement for Maya. But Josh had come back with the news that he really liked Farkle, and he was very happy that Riley had found someone like him.

Farkle had talked to his dad about not being part of the family business, of course Mr. Minkus was not all too thrilled about Farkle's decision making. They were able to really talk it out and at the end of the day, Mr. Minkus had told his son that as long as he was happy and that is what mattered.

With Riley having her newfound relationship, she had been more happy and chipper than what anyone had seen her as. She really was becoming the Riley from before her parents had been killed, Josh told Maya one night as they were up late in the recording booth downstairs. Riley was spending more time with Auggie, and she was even warming up to Shawn again.

Shawn and Katy had found out that they were having a baby. With an announcment over dinner and a cake to celebrate, it was the only thing that could keep Maya out of that recording booth now-days. Plans for the nursery had already started to take effect. The woman of the house sitting on the couch in the living room and talking excitedly while the men shook their heads with smiles on their faces.

It was that evening that Josh couldnt help but think what it would be like to have Maya annouce to her family that she was pregnant. Then as soon as it came he shook the thoughts away from his head. They were too young to be thinking like that, Maya was just really starting out her career, and for right now, they were just friends.

So yeah, today was a great day. But what made it even better, Maya had finally finished her album. It was two in the morning, and the album was to be sent off to the record lable that day. She had just finished it in time to be able to sneak in and make the switch.

Josh was aleep on the couch that was right outside of the recording studio room. He had passed out right around midnight, telling Maya that he was only going to lay down for a few minutes. Since there was only editing left to do, Maya let him sleep.

Once she had finished editing the last song and burning all the songs on the disc, reality had sunk in that she had done it. Finally, one week before tour and she had gotten the album finished. Maya couldn't contain her excitment. She ran out of the room and jumped on Josh's sleeping form. Josh let out an 'oof' before his hands came to rest on her hips out of instinct.

"What?" He asked confused as he blinked rapidly trying to calm his heart from being scared out of sleep. But rather his hands bothered her or not, Maya didnt say. Instead she leaned in close towards him as she straddled his waist and smiled.

"It's finished."

It took Josh a minute before he understood what she was saying. He stared at her for a second before finally he understood.

"It's done?" He asked excitledy. Maya nodded her head. "Maya, that's amazing!" He exclamied as he sat up and pulled her into his arms. Maya laughed as she hugged him back, neither of them really fazed that she was in his lap.

"Now all we have to do is sneak in and replace the other cd with this one." She told him as she reached into her hoodie pocket and pulled out the cd in its cover. "I made sure the cd and the cover are an exact replica of the one that Larry has." She told him. Suddenly it hit him, they hadnt actually gotten this far into the plan.

"Maya, how are we supposed to break into your recording studio and steal the other record?" He asked her. Maya narrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you kidding? That albm is Larry's pride and joy, there is no way he would just leave it at the recording studio." Maya told him. Josh looked at her funny.

"So if its not at the recording studio, then how are we supposed to switch them out?" He asked her. Maya smirked.

"Very carefully." She told him as she reached in her hoodie pocket again and grabbed a silver key, dangling it in front of his face.

"Maya, what is that?" Josh asked almost scared of the answer.

"This is the key to Larry's penthouse. I nabbed it from him at our last meeting." She told him. Josh's eyes widened.

"You mean he keeps that cd with him at his house? And you stole his key?" Josh asked her in disbelief.

"Well it wasnt like he was going to invite us over for lunch one afternoon." She told him. "I've been in his house before, I know exactly where he has it. All we have to do is sneak in while he is sleeping and switch it out before he wakes up in the morning." Maya explained.

"In the morning." Josh repeated and Maya nodded. "You mean right now!" Josh exclaimed looking at her like she was crazy.

"It's the only time we have to do it. He's meeting with the head of the record label this morning to give it to him." Maya told him.

"Maya!" Josh looked over at the clock that was on the wall. "It's two in the morning! If we get caught we're both going to jail." He told her. Maya smiled and leaned in closer.

"Then we better not get caught." She told him before she climbed off of him and walked over to where her shoes were. "You can do what you want, Josh. But I am going. You cant stop me, so you might as well join me. After all, it is your job to protect me." Maya teased him as she slipped her shoes on and looked over to smile at him.

Josh still looked as if though someone had brought in a two headed clown. Maya didnt wait for him to answer, she secured the cd and the key in her pocket, grabbed her keys and headed up the stairs.

"Maya, wait!" He whisper shouted as he got up from the couch and rushed to get his shoes on. Maya had just opened the front door of the house when Josh came up from behind her and closed it with his hand. Maya turned around and Josh placed both hands on the side of her head so she was trapped and pinned to the door.

"Well hello." She teased him and smiled when his cheeks turned red.

"You do realize how insane this is." He said. Maya nodded her head.

"Yep." She replied.

"And what's going to happen if we get caught?"

"I do."

"I could stand here and give you a million reasons of why this is a bad idea."

"I know."

"And you still want to do this?"

"Josh," Maya suddenly became serious. "If you dont want to come with me then I understand. But Larry has my entire future up in that pent house, he's the one that stole it first. I'm just taking it back." She told him. Josh didnt say anything for a moment.

"How far away is his house from here?" He asked her.

"About fifteen minutes." She told him. Josh swalloed hard before a slight smirk came up on his face.

"You know this was not part of the job description." He teased her.

"Neither were we." She retorted. "But that still didnt stop you." Devil, Josh thought as he stared down at her. She knew exactly how to push his buttons. He leaned in close so their faces were only a few inches apart. Her breath hitched causing him to smirk.

"We'll have to walk instead of drive."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Til next time! Love y'all.