Sightseeing

Josh and Maya still hadn't gotten the chance to talk as Maya had to finish up her interview and head back to the hotel to get ready to go sight seeing. She had found herself wishing that she had a piano with her in her hotel room, that was her go to place when she wanted to get away from everything and everyone.

"I cant believe we're actually getting to go sight seeing! We have to go see the Hollywood sign." Riley said excitedly as she, Josh and Maya were in the car on their way to go see some of the best things LA had to offer.

"You'll like it, but Malibu beach is my favorite place to go. You can find some of the most amazing seashells there, also the dolphins love to come up close to the surface around sunset. It's a really nice spot to go and hang out if you want some fresh air." Riley smiled as she took her phone out and started taking pictures as they past by the trees and views.

Josh and Maya stayed silent as Josh drove down the road. The tension wasn't as thick, but it wasn't how it use to be either. They still needed to talk things out, but Josh was slowly getting over the situation. The hurt and trust issues were still there, but the anger had subsided into acceptance. Whats done is done, there's no use in dwelling on it now. Josh vas very vocal about how he felt about the situation and he truly believed that Maya was sorry about it. All that there was left to do was move on and try to move past it.

But that was a conversation for later, right now Josh was going to enjoy his time sight seeing and being with his niece on a day that she wasn't angry at him for being out here in LA. In fact, Josh hasn't heard much from her since they had moved out here.

"Oh I hope you dont mind but I invited someone." Maya said as they pulled up to the parking lot of a mall that was in LA and Farkle was standing there leaned up against his car. Riley blushed as she looked down at her phone. "I figured you guys could use a second opinion when it comes to the coolest places to see in LA. Farkle happens to be an expert tour guide." They all got out of the car and walked up to Farkle who met Maya with a hug.

"I was hoping that I wasn't late, but it seems that I'm the one that was actually early." Farkle teased as he put an arm over Maya's shoulder and smiled at Josh and Riley. If this was any other guy Josh would have been feeling pretty uncomfortable right around now, and sure he was intimidated by Maya and Farkle's relationship at first, but now he knows that they just have that kind of friendship.

"One time out of a hundred." Maya teased back causing Farkle to bump her hip with his, Maya let out a laugh feeling genially happy since all of this happened with Josh. Farkle was a good distraction, he always had been. Farkle's attention turned to Riley and he smiled.

"Riley, how are you?" He asked. Riley smiled and nodded.

"I'm doing great, ready to start sightseeing." She said with a slight laugh. Farkle nodded his head.

"Great! So where to first?" Farkle asked looking from Josh to Riley.

"I'll let you lead since I dont get out much." Maya said. Farkle nodded his head and took his arm off of Maya and started leading the way. Riley stayed up front with Farkle as they fell into conversation while Maya and Josh stayed behind and just kept walking. Sometimes they would look over and smile at each other, but that was as much contact as it came.

As they got into the mall they started to forget about their argument and start to have fun, thankfully Farkle and Riley made it to where they could have conversations with them and Farkle not get suspicious that there was trouble in paradise. Josh and Maya both had genuine smiles on their faces as they laughed and joked.

After a couple of hours they moved on ton a different part of LA that also had a lot of shops and stuff.

"Be careful when you go through here, this is where all the creeps hang out at." Farkle said causing Josh to get his guard up. As they were walking Josh had noticed that Farkle was walking a lot closer to Riley as they entered into the walkway to go down the shops that were there.

"Looking good, baby." Some guy said as he wolf whistled at Maya. Josh tensed up and immediately reached for her hand and laced their fingers together. Maya smiled a little at the gesture, even angry with her he was still willing to protect her. Josh moved her to where she was on the side that they guys wasn't and blocked her body with his. They fell back into step together as Josh's grip on her hand got tighter the more guys look her way.

"Just ignore them." Josh whispered in her ear causing Maya to be shocked that he even spoke to her at all. Maya nodded her head as they kept walking but not for long. Suddenly a circle of guys made their way around Maya and Josh causing Farkle to grab Riley and put her behind him as they walked a good distance away. Maya's other hand enclosed around Josh's arm that she was holding hands with as she started to get nervous. "Can we do something for you gentleman?" Josh asked as he counted three in his head, easy enough.

"You're Maya Hunter, right? Why dont you ditch the boy scout and come hang with us." One of them said. Maya swallowed hard as Josh gripped her hand tighter letting her know not to respond.

"I'm going to give you boys one chance to walk away and forget this ever happened." Josh said as he noticed people with cameras were starting to surround them. Maya hid her face in Josh's shoulder as her breath started to become uneven. All three guys started to laugh. "When I say now, I want you to run to Farkle and stay with him." Josh whispered in her ear.

"Yeah, right. We're not leaving until we get what we want." Another guy said as he licked his lips. They started enclosing in on Josh and Maya. Josh leaned down and brushed Maya's ear with his lips. "Now." He said. Suddenly Maya broke out of Josh's grip and ran as fast as she could past the guys and over to Farkle who caught her and placed him behind him with Riley as they watched the seen unfold before them.

One of the guys reached out to grab Maya but Josh was too quick to push him away. Then the fight started. Josh started to fight off all three guys at once as they tried to come at him from all ends. Maya held her breath as she watched her boyfriend fend them off almost effortlessly but still catching a punch or two. Riley seemed to be nervous as well, but not as much as Farkle and Riley were. People were flashing their cameras and videoing. Paparazzi stated showing up and taking pictures and videos as well.

After a few minutes all three guys were laying on the floor groaning in pain as Josh stood up above them victoriously. Suddenly the police came and started putting handcuffs on Josh as well as the other three guys.

"No!" Maya yelled as she ran over and stopped the police. "He didnt do anything, he was just helping me." Maya told them.

"That's not true, he threw the first punch officer." One of the other guys said. Josh was standing there calm as he was handcuffed by the officer and stood there with blood on his lip.

"I'm sorry mam, but without video evidence we have to take him in." The officer told her.

"We have video proof!" Yelled someone with a bunch of cheers from people behind them. After a few minutes of people showing videos to the police. The officer nodded his head as he took the handcuffs off of Josh. The crowd started to cheer as they let Josh go and took the others in.

"Hey, isn't that Maya Hunter?" Someone asked. Suddenly paparazzi and fans started cheering as they moved closer to Maya to try and get I picture.

"I think that's enough sight seeing for today." Farkle said as everyone nodded and agreed with him. Josh grabbed Maya's hand while Farkle grabbed Riley's and they made their way through the crowd of people and to their car. Maya felt her breathing slow down a little as they got into their vehicles. Especially when Josh linked their hands back together once they got settled in the car and started making their way back to their hotel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks everyone for all your love and support! This story is by far probably my favorite out of any of the ones that I have. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I will try to get a few updates in before Christmas!