Busted?

So last chapter was interesting ;) hope you enjoy this one. Also another reminder that if y'all follow me on here then I will follow you back.
_________________________
Maya fluttered her eyes open as the sun creeped into the room. She closed her eyes and yawned before sitting up only to realize she couldn't. Maya starting to get a little panicked when she realized that she was not in her room, started to calm down as she looked up and realized that it was Josh that was holding her.

Maya rested her head back on his chest and started to smile as last night memories came up again.

Maya pulled back from the kiss and stared into Josh's eyes. They both smiled as they realized what they had just done. After Maya remembered that she had a record label that would be pissed if they found out what had happened, she decided to call it a night.

"I should probably head back to my room." She said as she started to get up. Josh wrapped his hand around her wrist making her snap her head to him. The grip wasn't strong at all, in fact if Maya wanted to she could easily get out of it. Josh swallowed hard before continuing.

"Stay." He said as his face full of seriousness. Josh didn't know what it was but all he wanted was to hold Maya close to him. Maya looked at the door and then back at Josh with hesitance all over her face. "Please?" He whisper begged. Something in Josh's face made Maya want to wrap her arms around him and let him break down. Because the look that Josh Matthews was giving her was a look of pure brokenness.

Maya smiled as she sat back down on the futon. Josh smiled and pulled her into his arms while they both laid back and fell into a deep silence which eventually made them fall asleep.

Josh stirring made Maya blink out of trance and slowly get Josh's arms off her. She sat back up and carefully got off of the futon and started to make her way to the door.

"You walk out that door and I'll be highly offended." Josh's voice made Maya stop in her tracks. She sighed as she turned around to look at where Josh was still laying but now had his eyes open and fixated on her.

"I have to get ready to head to the recording booth." She said as she felt really awkward right now. Josh nodded his head before standing up.

"I'm sorry if things got a little too..." Josh said as he started to trail off. Maya smiled at him.

"If you're asking me if I regret it the answers no." Maya whispered making Josh smile.

"Good. I don't either." He said making her blush and look down at the ground. "What do you say that after today's recording session you and I go get a burger or something." Josh said making Maya laugh.

"Josh we can't. Larry-"

"Can get over it." He finished cutting her off. Maya laughed but continues to shake her head. "I'm not asking you to marry me, Maya. I'm just asking for your permission to take you out for lunch." He said. Maya rocked back and forth on her heels before smiling and nodding her head.

"I'd like that. Besides we probably need to talk anyway after what happened last night." She said.

"Yeah we do." He nodded. They both stared at each other for a minute before a knock interrupted them.

"Josh! Is Maya still in there with you!?" Riley's voice whispered shouted through the door. Both Josh and Maya's eyes widened as the sound of Riley's voice.

"Um, give me a minute Riley!" Josh yelled back as him and Maya tried to figure out what to do.

"Josh seriously she didn't come back last night! Shawn and Katy are going suspect something if I don't come downstairs with Maya in the next few minutes!" Riley said. Suddenly Josh picked Maya up and threw her on his bed. Maya looked at him like he was crazy before he threw his comforter over her and told her to pretend to be asleep. After Maya did what he said Josh went and opened the door. Riley walked in and immediately widened her eyes at Maya's body in Josh's bed. She turned to face him with her mouth dropped open.

"It's not what it looks like." Josh explained as he shut the door.

"Not what it looks like?! Josh, Maya is asleep in your bed! I mean I know I was pushing for you two to get closer but I didn't think you would reach this so quickly!" Riley exclaimed making Josh looked at her weirdly.

"What? No Riley you have this all wrong!" He said but Riley kept on shaking her head.

"What are you going to tell her parents?" She asked then suddenly she gasped. "What are you going to tell her manager!" Riley exclaimed making Josh roll his eyes.

"I could care less what her manager thinks." Josh stated but Riley shook her head.

"Maybe not but she does! Her whole career is riding on this!" Riley said as she ran her hand through her hair. "She better not be naked under there!" Riley said as she pointed at Maya. Josh started to vigorously shake his head.

"Nope, not naked. Look Riley, Maya and I got caught up in talking last night that we didn't realize what time it was. So she stayed in here last night. She took the bed and I slept on the futon, I swear! When Maya gets up you can even ask her." Josh lied straight to his nieces face. Riley narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"And that's all that happened?" Riley asked him as she tried to back him up in a corner.

"Of course! Why would I lie to you?" He asked. Riley sighed as she eventually nodded her head.

"Fine I believe you. But I will be questioning Maya later." Riley said as she pointed her finger in Josh's face.

"Yeah okay that's fine. Now you go and tell Shawn that Maya is getting ready for the day and I will wake her up." Josh stated. Riley sighed but nodded her head.

"Fine. But if she's not down in the next thirty minutes I'm coming back up here." Riley said before she walked out the door. Josh sighed as she closed it and turned to Maya who was getting up.

"That was close." He said. Maya chuckle and nodded.

"Yeah. We'll have to be more careful next time." Maya subconsciously said without realizing it. But Josh did. He smiled as he tilted his head at her.

"Next time?" He asked. Maya suddenly got nervous.

"I mean, for the next time that you and I decide to do this "bonding" thing." Maya said nervously as she put quotation marks on the word bonding. Josh laughed and shook his head.

"Next time we will definitely be more careful." Maya smiled and started to bush again.

"I should probably really go and get ready now." She said laughing. Josh laughed with her before stepping aside and letting her out the door and leaving him behind not being able to stop smiling.
____________________________
The very first chapter to An Agents Life has just been posted.