Finn grinned. "Smart. So you and Reuven will escape and deactivate the shields once the ships are in the static storm?"

"Not quite."

"What do you mean 'not quite'?"

---

It'd been hours since Reuven had been thrown into the prison and the father and son had hardly said a word to each other. "What was mum like?" He finally asked and almost seemed to regret it once he said it.

"She was... stubborn and always seemed to see the best in people. Even if they can't see it in themselves." Reuven remembered Finn saying nearly the same thing. "She was brave and selfless."

"Was it an accident. Having us? Or did you decide to?"

"It was an accident at the time. But it was the greatest thing that'd happened to us."

"What about us? Did you ever wonder how we would feel?" Reuven almost spat but Ben didn't even flinch.

"Of course we did. We thought of taking you two and raising you the best way we could. Away from my past and our bloodline. Where we would just be the Solo's. There was an old Jedi temple. Jedi Master Luke used to live there. It was secluded from the rest of the galaxy. But things didn't go our way."

Reuven looked down again. "What happened, the day we were born?"

"I woke up hearing your mother call to me through our force connection. I traveled on foot through a sandstorm to find her and when I did find her. She had already had you two." The memory seemed to hurt as he remembered it as if it had only happened yesterday. "She walked through a sandstorm to protect you and your sister. I remember holding your little hand and telling her how beautiful you were. But then she was gone. She had made me promise to protect you but I failed... instead Finn raised you."

"Finn... he's a like a father to me." Reuven said honestly and Ben nodded slightly. "But then again... I'm open to another one." Their eyes met and Reuven gave a small smile.

"Open it up." A female voice shouted clearly outside Ben and Reuven's cell. Both of them shuffled as close as they could to the door. Outside Quin stood tall in her General uniform, her hands behind her back. "Sorry m'am. I've got orders from High General Jern not to let them out unless he says otherwise."

"I was sent here by High General Jern to bring them to him." He watched his sister intently.

"Sorry. But I can't let them out until I have solid proof." Quin hesitated unsure what to say or do. Rueven saw one of the guard's hand slowly move down to his weapons belt. Quin saw it to but pretended she hadn't. "Let them out." She requested her voice stern.

Neither of the guards replied and Quin repeated her order. This time they walked close to her both unsheathing their blasters slowly. She took a step back and held her hands up in front of her and closed her eyes. "Stop." 

Reuven couldn't watched. Her looked away, waiting for the sound of blasters firing and a body falling limply to the ground. He father gave a small sharp breath and when Reuven glanced over in his direction he saw his eyes were wide. But not with fear.

The guard's had paused, their blasters still pointing at the young adult. Quin looked just as surprised. "Alright... open the door."

Inspiration Photo's: