Kim and Niall

3 years ago

"Promise you won't break my heart?" I whisper tearfully. I had just gotten dumped by this boy I had been dating for almost a year, he was my whole world. Until he dumped me that is. Niall and I had always just been friends, until now. I wasn't sure it would work, but Niall wanted a try so badly, I gave in. 

He grabs my pinky and hooks mine with his. "I promise."

1 year and a half ago

Liam rubs my back. "Sh, slow down, tell me what happened."

My mind drifts back to 15 minutes ago. I had been out to Starbucks to get a Latte, and on my way home, I'd seen Niall, my boyfriend, leaning in to kiss some random bimbo. 

His hands on her waist, her pretty golden eyes smiling up at him. Then, them simultaneously leaning in and him hesitantly kissing her. Her hands going around his neck. His arms around her waist. Then his eyes meet mine and they brake apart.

"He kissed her." I whisper.

I hear Liam's sharp intake of breath. "Are you sure?" He asks.

I nod tearfully. 

"Then what did you do?"

I turn and rush out the door, not even bothering to pick up the latte I'd dropped on the ground. I start running, sprinting, tears streaming down my cheeks. I run the last two blocks back to the flat I share with Niall and Liam and run in the door. Liam is sitting on the couch, watching Toy Story.

When he sees me, he springs up, "Kim! What happened?"

I sink down on the couch beside him and burst into tears. He starts rubbing my back as I try to get an answer out but all I can do is hiccup.

"Sh, slow down, tell me what happened." He says softly, hugging me. 

"I ran." I answer hesitantly. "He saw me though."

Liam puts his head in his hands. "OK, well, we'll see what Niall says."

Two minutes later, Niall comes in the front door, full of denial and lies. We fight, and I pack my stuff and leave with the intention of never seeing him again. 

My plan worked until today, when I ran into him at the supermarket. 

"Kim." Niall whispers.

I smile at him. "Hi Niall."

"Kim, I'm so, so sorry. I've never been so sorry. Please, can we catch up over coffee? Anytime, anywhere."

I nod, "Sure." I scribble down my new phone number, I updated my phone almost a year ago, and changed the number. 

I smile as Niall hesitantly grins and waves to me. Two minutes later, I get a text. 

"Kim, I love you. Take me back. Please. - Niall." 

I grin, text him back saying, "We'll see if you can win me back over coffee, Starbucks : the one down the street in 15 minutes. ;)"

Tonight is going to be interesting. 

------------------------------

Hope you like it Kim!

One Shot Queens

p.s. remember to fan True_Colours and MouseStyles, (the account writers).