Chapter 45: Hayat

Hello everyone!

The day has arrived. The journey that started on February 21st, 2017 at 10:53 pm IST is finally coming to an end. The one thing that's constant in this world is the fact that nothing is constant in this world. I have a lot to say and I will say it in the afterward of this book in the chapter published after this one.

For now, without further ado, I present to you the final chapter of Alfaaz! 

Soul searching, the search of self, entices each one of us at some point during our life

Soul searching, the search of self, entices each one of us at some point during our life. Searching for oneself in the world is perhaps the most enigmatic journey we could ever undertake. We look far and wide and end up finding ourselves in the confines of our own being. While I believe that we can find ourselves within our self, I disagree with notions that one cannot find themselves in another. It is only in the heart of another that you can truly see yourself. It is in the solace of another that you can truly find yourself. You need that person, your person, the mirror to your soul for your journey of the self to end and the journey of selfless to begin.

A light breeze sauntered across the room as the first rays of the sun frolicked with the dancing curtains. The gentle ruffling of spring leaves played with the blissful singing of birds. Her senses were embalmed by a woody musk scent, it was the smell of his aftershave. The scent of his body added allure that masked her every sense.

She smiled and shifted to bury herself deeper in his arms. As if on cue, he tightened his grip around her. Fluttering her eyes open she looked towards his peaceful visage. He was a work of art to her regardless of when. But it was when he was lost in slumber, that she found him utmost irresistible.

She lightly pecked his lips and rested her head on his shoulder. His broad shoulders could hold the weight of the world, they were her sanctuary. He was her rock, the one that never crumbled. No matter the hardship, he stood by her – steadfast and fortified.

The past year had been tumultuous in the least. The shade he provided her helped her pull through the grimmest of nights, but that shade came at a cost. The cost of him burning to keep her unscathed. She caressed his face and allowed his stubble to arise sensations in the pit of her stomach. New grey hair – she thought to herself.

Ever since her medical condition had come to the fore, no matter how hard he tried to hide his sentiments, nothing was ever hidden from her. The grey hair, the lackluster gaze, the loss of appetite, she saw it all. He was his cheery self around her but he was slowly losing himself to his fears.

Her surgery, her treatment, it wasn't easy. Even though her recovery was mostly hindrance-free, the therapy had lasting effects. She suffered from frequent mood swings, she was on the verge of bipolar disorder and her mental health wasn't in the best place for many months.

He never once lost his cool around her. He endured, he persevered, and he prevailed. She no longer felt lost nor did she weep herself to sleep at night. Now was time for a different battle. She had conceived and the baby was developing at a healthy pace. However, her pregnancy was high-risk. This meant that Shravan would fear more, sleep less, eat scantly and grow more wisdom-highlights as he called it.