Chapter 18: Taabiir

Ah-lahn wah sah-lahn Habibis!

Your replies on the previous part made me positively happy... I thought the quality of Qurbat had suffered a bit but you guys liked and that's all that I ever want! Thank you for being so patient with my "slower than the rabbit who lost the race to a tortoise" speed! I'm glad Alfaaz has managed to keep you guys intrigued! This is the birthday month of this work of fiction! And so, here's promising, to churn updates quicker than earlier. Fair enough seeing that I want to complete this story soon! I've been dragging it for nearly a year and you guys have been fairly understanding, let's not take advantage of that fact anymore..

Welcome to the 18th update of Alfaaz! This time, last year! Its been a long and fruitful journey, for me at least. Never thought I would find the patience to float an FF, that too for a whole 12 months and counting! Achievement unlocked A huge part has been played by all of you, my lovely readers You guys have kept the journey exciting! Thank you for sticking around to this one.. I promise to complete this one this year

Right, so coming to this one. Taabiir, literally means an interpretation, of dreams mostly. Its a word that explains one's dreams or aspirations. We both know Shravan's aspirations and Suman's dreams. But what would it be like when they are actually living it but realising this never was that which made their hearts happy? We often pine for something with all our might but when we finally have it, we realize this is not how we thought it would feel. Anyway, let's take this forward..

Anyway, let's take this forward..

TAABIIR

Throwing his bag on the table, Shravan turned to punch the door shut. Slumping into his favourite armchair he let out a tired sigh. Setting up a firm was no child's play, it involved running about and a truck load of paper work. Eric was a blessing and so was Amanda, but the fact that he was restless since his return made everything around him dreary. Eric had noticed a shift in Shravan's demeanour from a calm and chilled out guy to an angrier and more agitated version of himself. He had asked and received no satisfactory answer, deciding to let it pass off as home sickness, Eric dropped it.

Shravan's eyes rested on a beautiful bunch of fresh roses that Aunt May had brought him last week. She was worried that he had caught some bug back in India. Having successfully placated her, Shravan had convinced her to not send him three square meals everyday. Not that he didn't enjoy it. He did, he felt at home cause of it. But Aunt May wasn't keeping too well these days. Her arthritis made it very difficult for to move around and she insisted on hand delivering the scrumptious goodies. It made him feel guilty.

He loosened his tie, removing it in one swift motion he let it fall to his feet. Undoing a few buttons he took in sharp cusps of air. This unsettling anguish that seemed to have made its home in chest was getting difficult to bear. What troubled him more was its stubbornness. He had a faint idea why he felt this way but it shouldn't have hurt so bad. Sure he left the people he loved and that hurt but this was simply unbearable. He worried all the time, he forgot what it was to feel relaxed. Every night it only increased. Every night he was making futile attempts to fight a war against his rioting thoughts. Nothing seemed to work.