Chapter 35: Qahr

Hello hello!

How is everyone doing?

I'm elated at your comments on the previous part. I like how all of you understood Shravan instead of judging him. Extra marks for loving Eustace! He is a literal bae. Progression is what I was aiming at, and if you guys got that, then I am content. I love how you all are so into the story that your comments are so personal <3

I do have a little something to say to the silent readers though. It's not much of an effort to vote you know? It takes more to read and you have no clue how much more it takes to write. So, I have a simple suggestion, don't make me make this story private to a certain group. If you are taking the pains to read, make sure I know. Cause if it's too much to ask for a simple comment or a simple vote, I guess you shouldn't be reading the story at all. This is not me being desperate for votes or anything, I do not write for that purpose, but if you can read silently putting in the effort, you can surely let me know of it.

Okay, moving on. This one! It's called Qahr! Yeah, it does mean anger or wrath. I know you guys have a complete idea what this anger is about. Let me throw some light, whatever you're thinking, you're wrong :p You guys are in for a surprise, shocker? I don't know, name it when you see it. Let's get on with this then! Disclaimer, this one is long-ish!

White clouds glided across the greyish-blue sky. The faded moon was becoming paler as the sun began to rise. The weather was as though a premonition. Ramnath's sleep was broken when he found the side of his bed empty. He patted his hand over the mattress but all he was met with was a cold wrinkled bedsheet.

He woke up groggily but his mind was alert. Looking around he called out, "Shravan?"

He didn't receive a reply. He checked the washroom which was vacant too. Sighing he padded slowly towards Suman's room. Knocking lightly, he waited for the door to open.

As the door flung open, a highly agitated Suman bombarded Ram with questions, "Is he okay? Does he have a fever? How high is it? Uncle, say something."

"Oh ah, Shravan isn't with you?" He asked, surprise evident on his face.

"What do you mean? You were supposed to stay with him last night. You lost him?" Her eyes grew wider.

"Lost him? He isn't a child Beta, how can I lose him like this? He isn't in the room, I thought he must have sneaked out to meet you." He shrugged concerned.

"No, he didn't come to see me. Oh God Uncle! Where could he go?" She scratched her head as her brain went into overdrive.

"Well, I will ask Eustace, maybe he knows." Before he could make his way to the stairs, Suman skimmed past him, practically flying off the stairs. He followed her with equal zest.