~CHAPTER 10: MONSTER~

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's nice. Anything else going on recently?" I asked in pure curiosity.

She put down her menu "Actually, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged.

Bella seemed to think for a while before saying "You're like... really close with the Cullens." I nodded at her, feeling a bit confused as she continued "Have you... noticed anything weird about them?"

My heart stopped as I figured out what she was implying, so I left my face blank saying "No, they just don't like people. Just like me, so no, there's nothing too weird about them."

"Are you sure? I mean they all look similar, although they're not related. Edward's skin is cold as ice and he pushed a van with his hand. I just feel that there's something... different about them Thea, don't you feel it too?" Bella asked me, looking at my face carefully.

I only shook my head saying "Bella, it's better not to mess with people's business. It's their life, if Edward wants to, then he'll tell you."

"So you know something!" she snapped looking at me in shock.

I gave her a hard stare saying "I didn't say that, now Bella leave it. You can't just walk into someone's life and demand to know everything about them" she looked down a bit, so I sighed and finished "Trust is earned, not forced Bella."

After that we didn't talk about the Cullens and mainly talked about normal stuff, much to my delight. I really hoped that Bella will stop her little investigation and will wait for Edward to tell her everything, as soon as his family lets him after the bad reception from me...

It still really confused me that they told me everything so quickly, but from what Jasper told me the situation between us is much different than the one between Bella and Edward. Of course I wanted to know what he means by that, but he just asked me to be patient and give him and Carlisle some time to figure it out completely.

As we were eating and talking a group of men stopped by the window, trying to get our attention.

"Hey pretty! Come hang out with us!"

"We'll show you a real fun sweetheart!"

After a few other comments I got up from my chair, feeling pissed off and went to talk to the manager of the restaurant. He quickly apologized and sent someone to get the men away from the restaurant. By the time I was back, Bella was already dressed in her jacket. She looked at me and said.

"Let's get my book and go home."

I nodded at her taking my things and going to pay the bill, before leaving with Bella. We found ourselves on a crowded sidewalk, it was already dark outside which made me feel a bit uneasy.

I looked at Bella "Alright, lead the way."

Bella took out a small piece of paper and started leading us towards the more secluded part of town, where we found a small book shop. While Bella was talking to the store owner, I was walking around looking at different types of books, and after a couple minutes I heard Bella call my name.

"Thea? I'm all set, can we go?"

I nodded at her and said goodbye to the owner, when we were outside I looked at Bella and asked "So, what did you buy?"

She shrugged at me, saying "Just a book about local legends and stuff Jacob told me about."

"Cool, will you let me read that when you're done?" I asked, feeling interested in the local legends.

"Sure." Bella answered with a small smile, then she pointed towards a dark alleyway saying "Hey, look I think it's a short cut."

I frowned to myself saying "I don't know, let just get back the way we came here. I don't want to get lost."