03

Hoseok was scared to enter the house, unsure of how the number on Hana's wrist played out

If his dear aunt is dead or not.

Hoseok carefully entered the house, the familiar scent he loved greeted him but he was too scared to relax.

"Na?"

No reply.

Hoseok shut the door, going to her room and knocking, "Na, you home?"

No response.

He checked the kitchen to find a note saying she went out.

Hoseok still felt uneasy.

That uneasiness was confirmed a few hours later when he received a call from the hospital saying Hana had died in a car crash.

He didn't remember much, crying was the main thing.

Jimin had come over and hugged him without moving for 2 hours straight of him crying.

He woke up the next morning, cuddling Jimin to forget about how shitty life is.

The younger male was texting his boyfriend, unaware of Hoseok being awake until the taller hugged him closer with a small sniffle.

"Good morning, Hobi."

"Morning, Jiminie," Hoseok's voice was hoarse and clearing his throat made it worse.

He would've cried again if he had the tears to do so.

Jimin snuggled closer against his best friend's chest, their moment being interrupted by Hoseok's phone buzzing.

Hoseok grabbed it, checking the message to see it was Yoongi messaging asking if he wanted to meet Jeongguk.

Hoseok agreed, hoping to get his mind off Hana. His dear aunt that meant so much to him.

He sucked in a breath and did his morning routine half assed.

Jimin frowned, sitting up on Hoseok's bed and watched as he got dressed in black jeans, black tank-top and black hoodie. He knew it was Hoseok's way of dealing with the sudden loss of his aunt who he held as close as he did his sister.

"Wanna come?"

"I don't know where you're going but sure."

"Hoseok! Meet my little brother, Jeongguk

"Hoseok! Meet my little brother, Jeongguk. And Gguk, this is Hoseok."

Hoseok awkwardly shook hands with the younger boy, Yoongi could automatically tell something was off.

Yoongi began to chew on his bottom lip, his eyes darting around in thought.

"Hey, Cutie, you okay?"

"Stop calling me that."

"You scream bottom, so tell me why I'd do that?"

Yoongi giggled, he was a mood reader and he could feel something off, he didn't know what though.

After a few minutes of the two listening to Jimin and Jeongguk getting along, Yoongi realized the odd lonely feeling he was getting was from Hoseok.

"Hey," Yoongi started cautiously, nervously playing with his undershirt sleeve, "Something wrong?"

Hoseok looked at him, staring for a second, "How'd you know?"

"Gut feeling."

Hoseok nodded, "The reason I said I had no family was because my aunt was going to die yesterday. I was super close to her and especially since my mom threw me out. She didn't treat me like her nephew but more of a sibling."

"I'm sorry..."

Hoseok just nodded, sighing. "I wish I didn't know that it was going to happen yesterday. Today's her birthday. Honestly.....the fact that I knew probably hurt more than it would if I didn't, because if I didn't....I wouldn't feel like I should've stayed home and seen if we could prove them wrong. Could've proved she could make it to 39. I don't know why the fuck I'm telling you this."

Yoongi grabbed his wrist, tilting it up so he can see the 20, busying himself by tracing it repeatedly, "You can talk. It's only fair seeing as you helped me through 3 panic attacks already."

Hoseok shook his head, "wanna go get icecream, my treat? These two are getting along fine. At this rate, Jimin's gonna end up with a second boyfriend."

Yoongi giggled, "Okay."

Hoseok watched the smaller adult, trying to keep himself from getting attached to Yoongi but he was just too damn cute

"Yoongi," Hoseok called softly, said male looking over with big eyes.

Hoseok handed him the icecream, his eyes lighting up like an excited puppy.

"Thank you~"

Hoseok smiled, he enjoyed making people happy and frankly, Yoongi was one that he enjoyed to most to please.

Hoseok found his morning sass cute so far, though he hasn't seen the brunt of it, and liked how the smaller adored sweets yet would probably down alcohol in a instant- he saw a video on Yoongi's social media of him doing so.

Hoseok shook his head, reminding himself of the tattoo of his wrist, a boyfriend was the last thing he needed and he'd rather avoid Yoongi getting attached to him.

"Thank you," Hoseok muttered.

"What? For what?"

"Distracting me, you messaged me at the perfect time I needed something to take my mind off shit."

Yoongi smiled, "You're welcome. I just know when someone needs something to do."

Hoseok smiled back in return, "You're a fucking sweetheart, you know?"

"And so I hear," Yoongi responded playfully, taking a spoonful of icecream.

"You're like a firework, hun. Pretty but explosive."

Yoongi laughed at that,"that's a weird comparison but alright."

Yoongi took another spoonful of icecream, before using his spoon to motion towards Hoseok's barely touched container, "Do you want that cause like, I'll take it if you don't."

Hoseok laughed a bit, "Yes, Sweetheart, I want it."

"Just making sure," Yoongi shrugged with a smile, finishing off his own ice cream.

Yoongi threw away his container and then went back to Hoseok.

"Want anything else?"

Yoongi shook his head but Hoseok saw him eyeing up the mochi advertisement behind the ice cream place.

Hoseok smiled, handing the small adult $5, "Bring me back the change though."

Yoongi nodded quickly, going off to get his second sweet treat.