Chapter Eleven

"Brush me with venomous lips and tear me to passionate strips."

Taehyung opened the front door for me, face as impassive as it would be in slumber, and made way for me to go inside the house

"Your mother won't be up for a while." He informed me quietly, taking his jacket off and discarding it into a black nylon bag. "We're gonna need to wash these clothes as soon as possible. Tonight, even." he said, pointing at my dress.

What was once delicate black fabric was now tattered with dirt and filth, and maybe even blood. I couldn't really tell, because it was too dark inside.

The beloved piece of clothing seemed disgusting to me now. The things it'd seen. Maybe it would be better if I'd throw it away and not be reminded of that night every time I see it in my wardrobe.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Take this," he handed me the bag. "Put your clothes in it before you walk into the shower and then give it to me. I'll get rid of it."

My worried eyes flashed up to his face. "Would you, um..."

I found myself tongue-tied at the sight of him. Parting right now didn't seem comforting, and comfort was what I needed. A sort of reassurance that everything will be alright. Although there was still some part of my brain that was functioning properly, I had enough common sense to know that it was a matter of time until the adrenaline subsided and paralyzing shock set in.

"Sure," Taehyung said promptly. "Whatever you need, I'll do it."

In the end, we settled on him waiting for me by the door while I took a shower. Even though I couldn't see him, the sole idea of him being out there, at an arm's length from me, was soothing.

It didn't even occur to me that this had been the first time I was inviting him inside my bedroom. The sensation of the steamy water calmed me and took my mind off things. I bathed my skin lightly, trying not to touch the bruises that scattered my body, particularly the one on my stomach.

Closing my eyes as I wrapped the bath robe around my body, I leaned against the door as my weak legs threatened to buckle. I walked out, still feeling a bit light-headed, and almost lost my balance upon exiting the bathroom.

Immediately I saw Taehyung turn around, his arms folded over his chest.

His concerned eyes flashed down my body to the bruises on my knees before flashing back to my face.

"Oh, Valerie..."

"Please use my shower," I begged him in a tiny voice. "Instead of using the one in the guest room. There are clean towels inside. You can go grab some clothes, but please be back soon. I don't – I don't want to be alone for too long."

"Of course," he obediently nodded, fleeing the room and coming back shortly with a white t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

I had my back turned as I stared through the window and heard the bathroom door close with a muffled click.