"I got one more!!" I let out a groan and shut the door. "Girl's and their shopping." I heard her laugh from the dressing room. She came out in a gold one next also strapless. I wolf whistled. She hit my arm playfully.

"I love this one." As I ran my hands down her body. She backed away from me and looked in the mirror.

"You don't think I look fat in this?" She turned to her side inspecting herself. I wrapped my arms from behind and around her waist.

"It's perfect and so is everything else you put on. Now go get dressed and get changed so we can leave. I'm getting bored." She laughed and got changed and payed for all the dresses. We drove back to my house.

"Had fun?" I asked her she nodded.

"The best. Thanks for taking me. So much better than school." We went inside my house and up to my room. No one was home. I shut the door and sat next to her holding her hands. This was it.

"Now we really have to talk about this." She looked down.

"I know and I know what I want." I quirked my eyebrows. I'm curious now.

"Me too." My heart was pounding and I thought at one point it was going to jump out of my chest. I coud feel myself getting warm and a bit sweaty.

"I.."

Demi

"I want to come with you to USC." The words came out. I couldn't look at him. I came up with this decision last night. It's what I want. For our relationship and for us. It's gonna be hard since I wanted to go to NYU but I wanted to do this for us. I'll get over the sadness eventually. I know that I want to be with him and close to him. I looked up. He was shocked. He shook his head.

"No, Demi I want you to go to NYU." He said to me. He wants me to leave him? Leave him for four years? I looked at him in the eyes.

"Why?" I couldn't believe he wanted me to go.

"Because Demi you won't be happy here with me. We both know it. I want you to go after your dreams and be happy." I hugged him tight and we both fell down into the bed. Me on top of his chest. A few tears slipped out.

"I won't be happy being away from you for so long either." This was difficult for the both of us. He got up and lifted me onto his lap. He wiped the tears from my eyes. His eyes were getting watery too.

"Don't cry. Demi I want you to be happy. Don't do this for me because you staying here with me would just make me feel guilty. I want you to go to NYU Demi. But I'll promise you one thing. I won't give up on us. We will make this work. I know it." I started crying again while he held me. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." We then kissed.

"So what are we gonna do now?" I asked him.

"You're gonna go to NYU and we're gonna spend as much time together before you go." His voice shook a bit. This was hard for the both of us. Separating and being a part from each other for four years and only being able to see each other for some holidays and breaks. The closest we will get to seeing each other is by skype or facetime.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I cried into his chest.

"I'll miss you too. But let's be happy for now because it's still a bit away. Let's just enjoy our time together while we still can." He rested his chin on my head. So this is actually gonna happen. We're both gonna go our seperate ways.

I went home after a while around the time I usually got home. My parents greeted me and I went up to my room and I shut the door behind me. The tears were coming again and I sobbed into my pillow. This just hurts too much for now. Joe really wants me to go. To leave. But he's doing it for my happiness and that's what I love most about him. I heard a soft knock on the door. My mother poked her head through the door. She soon came in once she saw my state.

"Honey, are you okay?" I shook my head and cried on her while she held my head and stroked my hair.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I then told her how Joe wants me to go to NYU and to go after my dreams and how I wouldn't be happy if I was with him and he was right. I wouldn't be happy. But then again none of us would end up being truly happy.

"I know it's hard Demi but it's all gonna work out in the end. This isn't the end for you guys."

Joe

When she left my house I went downstairs to get some water. The doors opened and Nick and Kevin came barging through the kitchen.

"Dude where were you and Demi today? Did you guys ditch??" They hit me with questions I just ignored them and headed to the living room. I ran my fingers through my hair. I wanted her to go to NYU. She wouldn't be happy if she was here with me. I've never felt so attatched to someone like Demi in my life. I know once the day comes it won't be easy, but for now we're gonna spend every moment together and we're gonna try and be happy. Even though the pain would show a bit. My brothers sat down next to me.

"Dude you alright?" I nodded my head no.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Kevin asked me.

"I'm letting her go." I got a puzzled look from the both of them.

"I'm letting Demi go to NYU."

"Why? Don't you love her? Don't you realize how far that is Joe?" Nick said making me feel even worse about myself.

"Nick stop. Can't you see he already feels bad and upset with this? You don't need to make him feel worse. Joe, it's gonna be okay. I know you guys can get through this. Why did you let her go though?" Kevin said soothingly.

"Because she wouldn't be happy if she went to USC with me. We both know it. I wanted to do this for her and I want her to be happy than staying here with me and being upset. I don't want to hold her back." With that I left the couch and went up to my room. I flopped on my bed and looked at the ceiling. So I guess this is how it's gonna be. We're gonna have our seperate paths and go on our own journeys. It's gonna be hard but I know we can get through this. Together.