chapter thirty-three

THE TWO GIRLS MAKE THEIR WAY OUT FROM THE HOUSE, THE WALKER OUTSIDE GROWLING AT THEM. Allison had tied the person she killed to the porch, a reminder of the next person that there was people there. A clue for Daryl to find. Sophia carved, We are here - A and S. Into the floorboards of the porch, hoping that they would find them.

The two were now making their way towards a camp called 'Terminus'. Allison had found a flyer in the group's bags, along with food and medicine. She had predicted it would take about a day and half to get there, considering how far the place was from the house they had stayed in.

Sophia and Allison both had scratches and bruises on their face and if you were a person seeing them for the first time, you would think that they had beaten themselves up with rocks and sticks.

The girl hadn't said much since she killed that man. Sophia knows that he would've killed them if she didn't and she's trying to convince herself that she was right to kill him and it was working.

They had now been walking for a day and the two were starting to get tired as Sophia just kicked rocks on the train tracks. "We should be there by sundown." Allison told her and the girl nodded, sighing.

"Let's take a break." The woman said once she noticed how tired Sophia was. She sat down on a rock and sighed, pulling out some food and handed it to the girl, her taking it with a small smile.

As she looked down, she saw a blueish rock and she picked up, blowing the dirt off it. Oddly, it felt warm, even in the cold weather. She squinted hee eyes at it and she noticed how much it reminded her of Daryl. It was almost as if she could feel him. Closing her eyes and sighing, she shook her head and placed it in her pocket, taking a bite of the stale chips she had found.

"C'mon, wanna get there before sundown." Sophia told her, getting her energy back. Allison nodded and got up off the rock, following the girl to Terminus.

-

"We need to bury our weapons, just in case things go south." Allison told her once Sophia walked towards the gate, seeing the inside of Terminus not far from where she stood.

Her eyes widened and her breath picked up once she saw-

"Daryl!" Sophia gasped and Allison snapped her head towards her, getting up off the floor and looked through the gate, seeing him being thrown on the floor and dragged into the large building.

Tears formed in her eyes without knowing it as she looked closer, seeing Rick and Glenn as well. She saw that the people were dragging them out from what looked like a train car.

Sophia snapped her head towards the sound of a walker and she got an idea. The girl walked over to the walker and she stabbed it in the head as Allison grabbed out sheets from her bag.

"I have an idea." With that, the two wrapped the sheets around their bodies and smeared the walker guts all over themselves.

When she had killed that group, they had found weapons in the rooms, one including a grenade and some machine guns. Allison had also grabbed some rags and alcohol, having the idea to make a molotov cocktail.

"We're gonna need to get closer. I can't throw this that far." Allison told Sophia as she handed her a machine gun. The woman walked towards the gate and she lined up the gun at the sniper on the roof.

"Soph, come here." The girl walked towards her, grabbing the gun and pointing it towards the sniper.

"Once you hear the explosion, you shoot. Okay?" Allison told her and Sophia nodded, now knowing what her job was.

"I'll be right back, don't leave this spot." The woman told her, holding onto her cheeks.

Sophia nodded under her touch and Allison huffed, walking away from the girl with her molotov cocktail in her hand, along with a grenade.

Allison neared towards the building, inhaling and exhaling deeply, she closed her eyes, telling herself she could do this. For Daryl. With that, she lit the explosive and threw it as far as she could, it hitting just in the middle of the place. She also threw the grenade, hoping walkers would come into the place, helping her save her people.

The woman hears gunshots and saw the sniper on the roof go down, her smiling in response, proud of Sophia. Running back towards the spot where the girl was, Sophia looked towards her, sighing in relief.

"Walkers should be going towards there by now."  She told her.

Meanwhile, inside the building, the leader Gareth was told by his people that there was explosions from outside. He grunted and grabbed the walkie talkie, putting it up to his mouth. "Did you see anyone?"

There was sounds of gunshots from the other side of the radio, Gareth waiting impatiently for an answer. "Yeah..." There was static, the voice going in and out. "A blonde... looked like rotters-" The line got cut off and the man groaned.

Daryl and Rick looked to each other with wide eyes, wondering if the blonde was someone from their group.

"Keep them here. I'm gonna go check it out." With that, the man left and Rick had a plan to get out, everyone following him as he killed the people there.

Allison and Sophia walked inside of the Terminus place among the walkers. There was probably more than 100 of them by now, them being attracted by the flames of the explosives.

The woman had two more molotov cocktails under her sheet, getting ready to throw them. The two entered a room full of candles and names on the walls. "What is this?"

"I-I don't know." Allison breathed out. Suddenly, a shot went off and the woman flinched, thinking she was the one that was shot but when she heard a scream from the other side of the room, she saw a woman on the ground, holding her leg in pain with Sophia holding up her gun to her.

"We are good people!" The lady yelled as Allison motioned for them to get out from there. "We're good people!"

Opening the door, walkers poured in, going towards the injured woman, chewing on her flesh as the two ran into another room.

Allison gasped once she saw all of the objects on the table. Like it was someone else's. "Ally, look."

Sophia pointed towards what looked like Daryl's crossbow. The woman walked towards it and observed it. It was Daryl's crossbow. She grabbed and placed it over her shoulder.

"Let's go."