chapter four

ALLISON STARTED TO FEEL HER BOTTOM FEET STARTED TO LOSE FEELING EVERYTIME THE TWO TOOK A STEP. "Why were you out here?" Allison decided to ask Daryl, who was grunting as he walked.

Daryl didn't acknowledge her question as he kept walking to the farm.

"Daryl..." She trailed off, looking at his wound, which was bleeding through the bandage.

Daryl sniffed loudly and exhaled. "Doesn't matter, we found you."

They were looking for me? Allison thought. "How long was I out here?"

Daryl shrugged, not turning around to look at her. "Dunno. A day maybe."

"Oh shit." Allison chuckled, finding this whole situation stupid. If I had just went back with Glenn.

They reached the farm after about fifteen minutes in silence. Allison was a little bit behind Daryl, since she couldn't walk correctly. She was on the edge of fainting from the blood loss in her leg and from dehydration.

Andrea saw what looked like two walkers coming up towards the farm, their bodies weak. "Walkers!" She yelled, causing Rick, Shane, Glenn and T-dog to emerge from the house.

"We'll go check it out." Rick announced, the men running towards the two walkers.

"I bet I can get them from here." Andrea stated, getting her gun ready to shoot.

"Andrea, don't." Lori told the woman. "The men can handle it."

She blonde rolled her eyes, lining up her target.

Allison saw a couple of blurry figures run towards the two of them with their weapons up, ready to shoot. Allison was too weak to even protest.

"That's the third time you pointed that thing at my head." Daryl spat. "You gon' pull the trigger or what?"

Rick sighed in relief and put down his gun just as a shot rang throughout the field, making Daryl and Allison fall to the ground, a bullet in both of them.

"No!" Rick yelled in fear, going up to Daryl and helping him off from the ground. Glenn went towards Allison who was clutching her shoulder with her eyebrows together in pain.

"I was jokin'." Daryl grunted, Rick and Shane help drag him to the farm.

"Hey, you're okay..." Glenn trailed off, looking at the bullet wound in her shoulder and the wound on her leg, dripping blood.

Allison swallowed thickly, wincing from the pain in her throat. The woman didn't have a chance to get up from the floor on her own as Glenn placed his hands under her knees and lifted her up bridal style.

"Go get Hershel." He told T-dog, to which he nodded and ran towards the house.

"Did I kill them? Are they okay?" Andrea asked frantically.

"You grazed Daryl." Rick stated, not knowing that Allison had gotten shot as well.

"The bullet went into her shoulder." Glenn snapped at her, not liking that she didn't let them handle it.

"I-I'm sorry." She told Daryl, as he was the only one conscious.

"What happened?" Hershel asked when he saw his daughter and Daryl with injuries all over them.

"That bitch shot us." Allison gasped, barley conscious.

"Put them in the rooms upstairs." Hershel ordered Maggie and Patrica to get towels and such, to get the bullet out from Allison's shoulder and patch up Daryl's wounds.

-

After the two were in the beds, Patrica patched up Daryl while Hershel operated on Allison.

"Daddy." She cried, Hershel telling her it was gonna be alright. He had already pulled the bullet out without her flinching once, which surprised Daryl. "I can't--" She paused, trying to move her right leg. "I can't move my leg." She was starting to sob at this point, she knew that she was gonna lose feeling in her legs, she just didn't want it to happen, she hoped it wouldn't.

Daryl was looking at the girl with squinted eyes, never seeing her like this. The seven days he had been here, he's always seen her stern and serious. She hardly ever let people touch her.

"What. Happened." Hershel asked her, more like ordered her.

"It was at the pharmacy." Allison swallowed and closed her eyes tightly, tears leaking from them. "A walker fell on me, making me fall onto a shelf, my back hitting the sharp end."

Hershel sighed, his eyes tearing up as well.

"I'm sorry, daddy." She sobbed. "I didn't know that it would get worse... I-I didn't know. I'm sorry." Hershel pulled her into a hug, her soaking his shirt with her tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She repeated.

Daryl felt an ache in his chest for the girl, which was odd because he hardly knew her and didn't think he'd care for her. Maybe it was sympathy? No, it couldn't be. Maybe it just from not drinking or eating for a couple of days. He thought, locking eyes with her.

For the first time he actually looked into her eyes. He never noticed how... blue they were, almost like the ocean, but more beautiful. No, what the hell was he thinking? Caring about some girl. Caring makes you weak, and being weak isn't gonna make you survive in the apocalypse. He looked away, turning to the other side of the bed.

Hershel patched her up, telling her to stay in bed for a couple of days, to which she complained that she couldn't do that because she needed to be outside to hunt.

"I'll be right back with some food for you two. Don't go anywhere." Hershel told them, more to Allison.

Allison awkwardly cleared her throat and looked to Daryl. "How are you um..." She paused, not knowing how to start the conversation. "How are you feeling?" She asked him quietly.

"Jus' as good as I look." Daryl grunted, mentally rolling his eyes at her stupid question.

Allison nodded her head, taking note that Daryl Dixon isn't a people person.

He suddenly cleared his throat. "What 'bout you? Ya back didn't look too good."

Allison sighed then shrugged. "I'm okay."

Daryl inhaled and exhaled slowly, not believing a word she said.

"Now," She started. "are you gonna tell me what you were doing out there?"

Before Daryl could answer her question, Hershel walked in with two trays in his arms.