chapter thirteen

ALLISON WAS PACING AROUND THE CAR AS SHE HAD DIFFERENT SCENARIOS IN HER HEAD OF WHAT HAPPENED ON THE FARM.

What if Maggie and Beth didn't get out? Patrica and Jimmy? What happened to them? Daryl? She stopped as she heard a cry come from Sophia in the back of the car.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows in concern, fear that something had happened to her. "What? What is it? Are you hurt?" She rushed out, scanning all over her body.

"N-no." Sophia sniffled. "I miss my mom. I want my mom."

"Hey, it's okay." Allison told her, gripping onto her hand. She looked out the window and saw her father and Rick talking, Rick seeing to be in stress.

"We stick together." The blonde heard Rick say as he started to walk towards the car.

"Are you alright?" He asked Allison, and she nodded her head, Sophia scooting closer to her.

There was a sudden growl of a walker, alarming the whole group. Rick ordered the two girls to get down, and they nodded, scooting down in their chairs.

Sophia whimpered, having flashbacks to the time that the walker almost got her when she was in the woods.

Allison shushed her as she heared the shuffling feet of the walker walk passed them.

"It's safe to come out." Rick whispered to them, and they nodded, making their way our from the car.

"I don't know how much longer we can stay here." Hershel whispered, Allison nodding in agreement.

"I'm not leaving without mom." Carl told Rick. Sophia walked up. "Yeah, me neither."

Rick bent down to his sons level. "Carl, Sophia..." He trailed off, not knowing how to tell the kids that both their mothers were possibly dead. "It's not safe here, for either of us. We need to-" He cut himself off, hearing a motorcycle approached in the distance.

Allison smiled once she saw the face of Daryl Dixon on his motorcycle, along with Carol. She was happy that some of her group was alive. More cars came, meaning that most of their group was safe.

"Mom!" Sophia yelled, running to her mom, the two of them meeting halfway.

Allison was taken back as she was suddenly hugged tightly, and as she saw the brown hair of her sister, she hugged back with the same amount of force. Her family was alive and she was happy, for the moment being.

"Where'd you find everyone?" Rick asked Daryl.

"Well, those guys' tail lights zigzagging all over the road— figured he had to be Asian, driving like that." Daryl said back, motioning to Glenn.

Glenn chuckled sarcastically. "Good one."

"Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asked, looking around. He made eye contact with Allison, smirking slightly as he saw she was alive.

"We're the only ones who mad either so far." Rick sighed, not making eye contact with anyone.

"Shane?" Lori asked, and Allison rolled her eyes. She knew what he did to her, to Otis and she still cared if he was alive.

"Andrea?" Glenn asked to no one in particular.

"She saved me, and then I lost her." Carol said, holding her daughter closer to her.

"We saw her go down." T-dog told them, sighing sadly.

"Patrica?" Hershel asked.

Beth shook her head, tears starting to leak from her eyes. "They got her too, took her right from me, I was... I was holding onto her, daddy. She just-" Allison hugged her little sister, tears starting to fall from her eyes as well.

"What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?" Rick nodded his head, looking to her.

"He was in the RV, it got overrun." He told her, lowering his head.

"I'm gonna go back." Daryl said as Lori said that they saw Andrea.

"No." Rick told him.

"We can't just leave her there."

"She isn't there. She isn't. She's somewhere else, or she's dead." Rick told the group.

"So we're not even gonna look for her?" Glenn asked in disbelief.

"We gotta keep moving." Rick said as a walker came stumbling towards them.

Allison sighed, getting out her throwing knives. "I got him." With the flick of her wrist, the walker was down on the ground. She went to go retrieve it, Daryl watching her the whole time.

-

They were around thirty minutes of driving when Rick honked his horn, telling them to stop.

"You out?"

"Running on fumes." Rick sighed, the group following him.

"We can't stay here." Allison pointed out, her country accent coming out a bit.

"We'll have to make a run for some gas in the morning."

"Spend the night here?" Carol asked, rubbing Sophia's shoulders as the twelve year old was shivering.

"I'm freezing." Carl's teeth chattered and Rick instantly took off his jacket to warm up his son.

Allison looked down at her knives, seeing an A.G. carved in it, her scoffing in disbelief that this is what her life has come to, this is what their lives have come to.

"We'll make a camp over there." Rick said, motioning to the small place where there was a large brick wall.

"What if walkers come through and find another group like Randall's?" Beth pointed out, making Allison remember something.

"You know, Shane killed Randall, right?" Allison told Rick, making him sigh deeply and nod his head. "He snapped his neck and knocked me out, leaving me up against a tree."

"Yeah, he had turned, but he wasn't bit." Daryl walked up, glancing at Allison, looking away as he saw the cuts and bruises Shane left on her.

The woman tensed at his observation, and by Rick's face, he already knew.

"How's that possible?" Allison walked up, about to explain, but Rick already had an explanation of his own.  

"We're all infected." The whole group tensed at this, their jaws dropping to the ground. "At the CDC, Jenner told me... whatever it is, we all carry it."

"And you never said anything?" Carol couldn't believe this. After all this time she thought that they were safe with him.

"I knew too." Allison decided to speak up, and Maggie looked at her in surprise. "When it happened, someone close to me got shot, died, and came back four hours later." She shrugged, acting like it was no big deal.

"You guys knew this whole time?" Glenn asked them, holding his gun closer to his body.

The group continued to argue and question Rick's leadership.

Rick walked away, Lori following him.