chapter sixteen

trigger warning.

HER HANDS SHOOK VIOLENTLY AS SHE LOOKED AT ALL THE BLOOD THAT WAS ON THEM, DRIPPING ONTO HER CLOTHES AND THE FLOOR.

Daryl walked into the cell block and the first thing he noticed was Allison standing there with a blank look on her face, her wiping her hands on her clothes as she breathed heavily.

He walked up to her and gripped her face in his hands hesitantly and gently, making her look at him with tear stained cheeks. "I-I can't breathe, I-" She stuttered and heaved for air.

"Hey, look at me." Daryl whispered to her, grabbing her hands in his and making her stop rubbing them all over her clothes.

His eyes went to something behind her and he instantly held up his crossbow, pushing her behind him, making her almost stumble onto the floor as she was still having a mini panic attack.

Allison calmed down slightly as Daryl pointed his weapon at the men.

"Don't shoot!" One of the men said a little scared. He had blonde hair with a matching mustache and looked like a man who wouldn't be in here for murder. The other men, however, were a little untrustworthy.

"Why shouldn't I?" Daryl grunted, moving a little closer to the men threateningly.

"Who are you? What is this?" One of the other men said impatiently and little bit threateningly.

"Ally! Ally, we gotta help him get back." Maggie told her sister, whose eyes were still wide in shock and her hands shaking. "Ally!"

"No, I'm going to stay here with Daryl. Y'all go back." Allison finally responded, not even taking a glance at her father on the floor.

"Maggie!" Glenn yelled to her urgently and she nodded, looking to her sister with sad eyes.

"Why don't you come out of there... slow and steady." Daryl told the men, who looked confused as to why they were in the prison.

"What's wrong with him?" The latino said, motioning to Hershel.

"He got bit." Daryl spat.

"Bit?" The man reached for a gun, pointing it at every one of them just as they pulled out there weapons.

Allison's bloody hands shook while holding the gun up to them.

Rick, Glenn and Maggie were still working on Hershel's leg behind them, oblivious to what was happening.

Glenn moved to the back, getting all the medical supplies that Hershel needed.

Everyone rushed out from the room, trying to get Hershel into the cell blocks so he could be treated properly.

"Go, go, go!" Rick yelled and everyone rushed out, Daryl holding his weapon up to the prisoners and then following Allison out the room, her leading the way.

She stopped once they reached the cell block and they brought Hershel onto a bed, everyone rushing and yelling at people to hurry and help, it was like a damn hospital.

She sighed deeply and looked to her hands that still had her father's blood on them. Allison inhaled and rubbed them onto her jeans and then sitting down on the stairs on the other side of the cells as she stared into nothing.

-

16 years ago.

The young girl's eyes filled with tears as she contemplated on what she was about to do. She inhaled and exhaled, grabbing the sharp knife from under her bed and flicking it out.

Allison Green looked into the mirror in disgust. She hated the way she looked. She hated the way her skin was so pale and her hair was so blonde and she hated how she would be harassed everyday by the same people. She hated how her mother had left her alone and now her dad drinks all the time and now he has to go to a support group, leaving her alone at home.

Allison was over it. She didn't want to do this anymore. She felt like she was just living to be alive. She didn't want to be here anymore. She needed the pain to stop.

The 16 year old girl looked at herself in the mirror one last time before she brought the sharp knife down to her wrist, pressing down and not stopping once she saw blood form and drip down her arm.

She winced and groaned in pain loudly, but didn't stop. Allison did the same to the other wrist as her hands shook and she sobbed loudly, not being able to cut it properly and ended up cutting down her arm.

The young girl tripped over her own footing once she realized she started to feel dizzy as the blood fell onto her clothes and onto the floor. She fell to the ground with a 'thud' and held the knife in her hands as she tilted her head back and smiled slightly, happy that the pain she was feeling would finally stop.

It had passed around twenty minutes when Hershel Green had gotten home from his support group, seeing a note on the counter. Picking it up, he furrowed his eyebrows as he read it.

I'm sorry.

- Allison

The father gasped and ran to her room, seeing her nowhere. He then ran to the bathroom where he saw a red hue coming from the bottom of the door and he opened it, his eyes widening in absolute fear.

His eyes first went to the floor, which was halfway covered in blood and then he looked to his daughter, laying limp against the bathtub with blood all over her wrists and a knife in one hand as her mouth was open.

"No, no." He cried, not knowing whether to hold her or to stop the bleeding. "Allison! Ally! Baby girl... wake up... you're okay..." He told himself over and over.

He got up quickly and slipped on her blood as he tried to get to the phone on her nightstand. He dialed 911 and breathed heavily into the phone. "It-It's my daughter she..."

He hoped his daughter was okay.