I | Beauty

Elena's Pov

'That body's a blessin', girl.'

Closing my eyes I lean my head back, letting the water hit my hair as it absorbed into my shampooed hair. Messaging out the shampoo I smile to myself as I swung my hip to the side. I love the feeling of being beautiful in the shower. It's weird, once i'm out of the shower I become self conscious about my body as well as my face.
Adding the conditioner onto my hair I quickly grabbed the bar of soap and ran it all over my body.

'I ain't tryna pressure her- no,no,no,no - she messed with the temperature,'

Turning off the water I squeeze out the remaining water out of my hair as I swung my hip to the other side as I lifted my chin up- looking up slightly and bringing it back down. Pushing the shower curan away from me I step out. Taking both towels I wrapped one around my body while I wrapped the other around my hair.

'Heart wrote the song, but I am the messenger.'

Unlocking the bathroom door to let my little sister come in to take her shower I go over to the sink to brush my teeth, turning off the music before she came in. Busting open the door my little sister, Angelina, rushed towards the shower, ripping her clothes off. Shaking my head at her I spit out the toothpaste, rinsing my mouth out I placed the toothbrush back. There's only one bathroom in our apartment along with two bedrooms, which I share with her.

Exiting the bathroom and entering our room I take off my towel, opening a drawer I take out a bra and panties and put them on. Pulling the small door open, exposing our closet I take out my waitress uniform which consisted in a short sleeved bumblebee colored midi dress and a small black apron. Buttoning up the dress I walk over to the dresser, Putting my hair in a low bun as the short strands of hair in the front fell freely. Putting on moisturizer I rubbed concealer around my eyes, adding mascara and nude gloss on my lips.

Stumbling inside the room my sister pushing me to the side making me look away from her as she changed.

"Why do you always wake up late?" Letting out a small chuckle I walk towards my bed, picking up the apron I double tie it around my waist so it wouldn't come loose. Hearing her let out a frustrating sigh she continued to hop as she was trying to fit in her jeans. She's always like this, sleeping late at night and waking up late for school. What's worse for her is that I don't have a car so I have to walk her to school, make sure she arrived safely. Slipping on the black court pumps along with the black crossbody bag I turn around and smile at a distressed Angelina.

"Ready?" I asked as I left the room and walked towards the front door. Stepping out of the door I could hear more commotion coming from the room, within seconds she ran out with her backpack on her back. I laugh at her frustrated expression as she slammed the door closed, locking it in the process. Rushing out of the complex we speed walked towards her school which was about ten minutes away. Luckily my job was seven minutes away from her school so I wouldn't have to rush.

As we got closer to her middle school we walked, talking to each other since there wasn't a need to rush. "Do you know when mom and dad are coming back." Looking at her I smile at her, reassuring that they are ok. My parents sometimes don't come back for a week due to them working together in the truck companies, transporting goods and resources to companies around the place.
"Hopefully tomorrow, mom might make you your favorite dish, Shrimp-"

"- and scallop risotto, yum!" I giggle at her cuteness as she skipped lightly as she mentioned her favorite dish mom makes for her. I can't wait to see father. Arriving at her school I moved closer to her, hugging her. "I'll be back at four, take care!" Letting go of her she rushed through the school doors, soon hearing the bell ring I continue to walk to work. This part I hated since I would get catcalled, making me feel like a piece of meat- dinner to hungry eyes of men on the streets.
Ignoring the comments of the men I rushed to my workplace, luckily arriving I went in, immediately being greeted my some of my coworkers. 'Goodmorning.'