one

note : this picture is like the ~luke~ that I picture when writing :-) but also with a lip ring I think :-))))
also, I'm American and don't know how australian geography or schooling works, so i'll be referring to things like states and grade levels and if they are called something different there let me know <3

Mia

"Alright dear, supper will be finished soon and you can come down when you get hungry. It's going to be weird getting used to this but just know we are so happy to have you here," says Liz, "to be honest, I'm glad to finally have a
girl in the house."

She finishes her sentence with a joking wink, and pats my hand. I smile at her softly and watch as she leaves my room, closing the door gently.

My new room, in my new house.

Well, it isn't my house, but it's where I'll be living until I go off to college.

You see, I have lived in the same house my entire life, which just so happens to be right next door of this one. However, my parents are both cyber engineers, and were promoted in the business they work for, which is amazing. What isn't amazing is that this promotion carried them two states away, and was non negotiable.

Due to the fact that this is my senior year of high school, I was apprehensive about moving, so my family worked out a deal with our neighbors, who also happen to be my godparents. The Hemmings are long time friends of my parents, they went to the same high school that I go to together way back in the day. So, when they heard about our situation, they offered me a place to call home for the rest of the school year, with an agreement that my parents would send money and that I would do things as a member of the family—like chores.

This was fine with me, I was over here most of the time anyways. My best friend in the whole world was the Hemming's youngest son, Luke. Luke has been my best friend my entire life, and we spend so much time together anyways. Luke has two older brothers, whose names are Ben and Jack. The three of them have always been in my life, and have protected me as if they were my brothers.

As if on cue, I hear a knock from the door that leads to the bathroom I share with Luke that connects our rooms.

"Luke?" I ask, and he opens the door, poking his head through with a smile.

"Hey Mia, how are you doing?" he asks while he sits beside me in my bed. He leans against my headboard with me, lying his head on my shoulder and placing a hand on my thigh. He rubs small circles on my skin with his middle and pointer fingers.

"I'm fine," I respond, shrugging, "I just miss my kitties."

I fake pout as Luke sits up look at me. He smiles softly and places his hand on my check, rubbing it with his thumb. 

"You are too sweet." He states.

We hear Liz call us down for dinner, and head down together.

•••••
"Dinner was great, as always mom," says Ben, and Jack chimes in with "yeah, you really outdid yourself."

Liz smiles, "Why thank you boys, I wanted to make sure Mia's first night here was special, thank you two for coming home and joining us ." I smile at the two of them. Liz stands up and begins gathering dishes, "can you guys help me with this?"

I go to stand up, but Luke gently places a hand on my thigh, "don't worry it about it, sweetheart." I smile at him and go to my room, gathering clothes to wear after my shower.
I grab an oversized gray tee shirt and some underwear.

As I step into the bathroom, I undress and turn the water on. As it warms up, I place my soaps in the shower, hoping I don't take up too much shelf space and intrude on Luke's stuff. I don't think he'll mind, though.

The water starts to steam and I step in, letting it fall down my body. I wash my hair and body, and then do my skin care routine.

As I'm stepping out of the shower, I hear the door to Luke's room open. I wrap my towel around me and start to brush my teeth.
As I go to spit, the bathroom door opens and I see Luke in the mirror, eyes wide. His cheeks become red and he quickly blurts out, "Jeez, fuck, sorry Mia," and closes the door.

I get dressed, sliding my underwear over my hips and pulling my shirt over my head, and then open the door to Luke's room.

As soon as the door opens I hear "No, fuck don't come in here" so I close the door, figuring Luke is changing. "Sorry," I chime in, and head to my room.
I lay on my bed and scroll through my phone, going from Tiktok to snapchat, and messaging my parents to let them know I'm settling in alright.

I put my phone on it's charger and lay down, hoping to get a restful night of sleep.

•••••

All night, I tossed and turned, not able to actually fall asleep. I tapped my phone screen to check the time, and it was 2 a. m.

Great.

Deciding that maybe I needed to tire myself out a little, I get on my phone, opening snapchat first. I flash a picture of my ceiling fan and post it to my private story with the caption "i can't sleeeep' and the time stamp.

Just a few minutes after posting, I get a snapchat from Luke, and when I open it it's a message that reads 'me neither. come hang with me.'

I smile to myself and throw my blankets off of me, setting my feet on the carpet floor softly and walking to Luke's room. As I open the door, I am greeted by the soft blue light being emitted by Luke's LED strips. His room is cozy and warm, with posters scattered all over the walls. His large bed is covered in tons of blankets and pillows, and looks so inviting right now.

Luke smiles at me with his head on his pillow, and without speaking, I lay beside him. He wraps his strong arms around me, and I cuddle into his chest.

"Why can't you sleep, Mia?" he asks, breaking the silence with a sleepy voice.

I drum my fingers on his torso, "I dunno, maybe excitement? My mind is racing."

Luke kisses my forehead and gently squeezes my body with his arms, "You can sleep with me if you want."

I can always count on Luke to make me feel safe, it's what he does best. His smell overwhelms me, the familiarity that reminds me of a forest candle.

My eyes feel heavy and Luke is so calming, so I nod and snuggle further into him, and reach up to plant a kiss on his cheek, but miss and kiss right below his ear.

I feel his skin raise with goosebumps, and he tenses up a little. "Oh, sorry" I whisper, my eyes closing. Luke doesn't respond, but moves my hand from his torso to his chest. 

Luke pulls my shirt above my waist and absentmindedly grazes my back with his fingers, sending me into a further relaxation.

I drift off and sleep in Luke's arms.

i hope you guys liked this!!! i've never written any kind of 'fan fiction' and i'm nervous lol. if you want to, drop a comment and let me know how you are!! i'm so bored being at home but staying home is me doing my part to keep others safe and I hope you guys are also practicing social distancing!!
vote if you want!! ily :-))))
note: there will be smut so and p soon so if you don't like that.... sorry