XXXVIII

" You ready to head out? Everybody is already there

" You ready to head out? Everybody is already there." I heard Eli say. I was on my phone replying to messages and I guess I got lost of the time.

We were going to Mesiahs game and tomorrow we had Jays. I was also leaving a day after that. Busy schedule but I was ready to see my boys whoop some butt.

" Oh yeah, sorry." I said standing up and grabbing my purse.

" You okay baby?"

I nodded and pecked his lips, " Yea, I'm fine. Just got a little distracted. I'm ready."

He nodded and we made our way to the car. About 10 minutes later, we pulled up to the gym where the game was taking place.

" Wow, it's pretty packed." I said scanning the surroundings.

" Yeah I think since it's the first game, everyone came to support."

We walked in and support wasn't even the word. It was so packed. They had a student section which had so many people and then the family section which was about the same. I seen Ms. Cheryl and Jenici in the concession line. I pointed them out to Eli and we made our way over there.

" Hey mama."  Eli said once we were close enough.

" Hey baby. Hey Ms. Nadia." She said giving both of us hugs.

" Hello, Ms. Knight."

" Child, call me Cheryl or mom. Whichever you prefer." She said winking.

I chuckled, " Okay suegra."

" I hope you didn't just cuss me out." She said giving me a serious look.

I immediately shook my head, " It means mother in law in Spanish."

" Aww that's so cute." Jenici said giving me a hug.

" I like that Ms. Nadia." Cheryl said and I smiled.

" What's up sis?" Eli said giving Jenici a hug.

" Nothing new, living the life."

" Babe, where is Jay?"

" On game days, he goes with Mesiah. He says he feels like one of the boys so he enjoys being around them. Even sits on the bench with them during the game."

I laughed, " Thats so cute."

" Well come on y'all, let's try to find seats." Cheryl said walking away.

As I was walking, I couldn't help but to look at my man. He looked good and he wasn't even trying. He had on grey jogging pants with a white sweatshirt and his white forces that didn't even have a crease. He wore his gold chain and on his left wrist held his watch. His waves looked good but that wasn't anything new. Once we found seats, we sat down.

" Stop eye raping me." He said putting my hand in his.

I rolled my eyes, " No one was even thinking about you."