Chapter 29 - I Love You As A Friend

Demi's P.O.V

So these past two weeks without Em has been pretty rough. I miss her like crazy, and my mom won't stop bugging me about starting to date people again, which I already am, but she doesn't know that. I really want to tell her about me and Emily, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

I haven't really had the time to talk with Emily latley, and it kills me, she's been perfect, and she doesn't get mad at me if I don't have time to call her, but I'm mad at myself for not having the time. I mean she's my girlfriend, and I want to be with her every second of every day, but that's impossible. I was thinking of surprising her with a ticket backstage when I go to Brazil, she's always wanted to go there, and it will be our two months anneversary, so it would be a great gift. But it's hard to fit our schedules, she has to go to school, it's important that she graduates, at least for me it is.

My mom has invited Wilmer to my concert tonight, and it's bittersweet, I do love him, but not in that way. He's been an amazing gut when we dated, but in the end I just saw him as a friend, and I think he knew that, but he didn't want it to be true. But if Emily finds out that he's here, I know she'll get mad at me, and maybe she will think that I'm cheating on her, which I would never do, I love her so much.

I was sitting in my dressing room, and I'm going on stage in an hour, so I needed some alone time to calm my nerves a bit. I wanted to call Emily, but it's better to do that right before I go on, she always calmes me down. Just as I sat down on my couch, I heard a knock on the door, and Wilmers head popped up. 

-Hi Demi, mind if I join you? he asked sweetly. I just nodded my head, my throat has been feeling a little raspy today, and I want to rest it as much as I can before the show, I don't want to disappoint my fans by cutting the cocnert short. He made his way and sat down beside me and handed me a bottle of vitamin water.

-It's good to see you, I haven't seen you since you know, and I'm not mad or anything, I'm actually very happy for you that you found someone like her. I've been talking to Marissa a little bit, and she says that you are very happy, Wilmer said sincerly.

-Yeah, I am happy, but I do miss out friendship though, and I know it might be hard for you, but I would really like for us to be friends like old times, before we started dating, you helped me through a lot, and I love you for that, and you have to know I am very thankful for the support you have given me through the years Will, I said and hugged him.

-I want us to be friends to Demi, but you have to let me meet Emily and let me get to know her before we start hanging out, I don't want her to think that something's going on between us, I would never try to hit on you if you're dating someone, and I need her to know that. If I would be responsible to jepordize your realationship I wouldn never forgive myself, he said smiling. I know a lot of people didn't support us dating, but he's the nicest guy, he always put everyone elses happiness first, and the way he cares about people is just wonderful, and I'm so happy to have someone like him in my life.

-I appericiate that, but I really need your help, you know I'm going to Brazil in 3 weeks, and I really want Emily to be there, but I want it to be a surprise, because it's our 2 month anniversary, so I need you to fix everything, if you want to, I said smiling shyly.

-Of course, I'd do anything for you Demi, you know that, he said before leaving the room. 

I decided to respond to some of my fans on twitter before the show, and let me tell you, the things they write are hilarious, and a lot of them are very innappropiate, so it's embarrassing if my mom or Eddie reads them, but it's not my fault that some people think of me that way. The only person I want to think of me like that is Emily, and I've already started to get frustrated. We couldn't really do it the last time we saw each other, beacause then my mom would have found out, and I don't want her to find out like that, then she would get really mad. I know she will still love me, but she might be a little bit uncomfortable with the whole situation, Emily is a few years younger than me, but I don't care about that, she's really mature for her age.