"come on let's eat, im hungry" he places the blanket on the green grass next to the water. the basket was set down next to him, and he pulled out our favorite foods. 

"you brought chocolate covered strawberries?" i asked surprised, sitting down across from him. 

"how could i forget them. it was what we snuck upstairs at my birthday party when we first met" we both giggle as we remember the memory. 

our spread of delicious food was all lied out, and i couldn't wait to dig in. i guess the car ride was longer than we both thought.

i reach out to grab a slice of pizza that was left over from our dinner with his family last night. cold pizza was our favorite. 

"wait," he grabs my hand before i'm able to touch it, "i just want to say thank you" 

i smile, "why are you thanking me? if anything, i should be thanking you"

"you are the best girlfriend in the world...and i uh, wouldn't want to spend an experience like this with anyone else in the world" he smiles. 

his freckles glisten in the hot california sun. a slight sweat builds on his forehead, and a glob of sunscreen still rests on his nose where he didn't remember to rub it in. his chocolate brown eyes looked like milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate in this lighting, and the slight breeze in the forest made his hair dance. 

these thoughts flooded in my mind every time i laid my eyes on him. that's how i knew i loved him. finn and i haven't said our 'i love you''s yet. even after one year, we both kept it to ourselves. we knew deep down how we both felt, but we never truly expressed it to each other. 

suddenly it slipped out.

"...i love you finn" my cheeks became red, the same color as the red 'led zeppelin' towel that lied in the grass. 

his eyes softened, the nerves floated out of his body, "i've been waiting a year to say those words. i knew it since the day i met you. i love you too y/n" he smiled, leaning forward, planting a soft kiss on my lips. 

we both smiled like a kid in a candy store. i couldn't help myself, i truly have fallen in love. 

"now let's eat!" he announced. shoving a cheeto in his mouth. 

after devouring almost everything on the blanket, we both were extremely full. 

we cleared the blanket of the food containers, and decided to enjoy the view of the waterfall. 

i stood up to adjust my yellow summer dress, and take my hair out of the low messy bun. finn held out his arms, and i sat back down in front of him, leaning back into his chest. we both stared at the calm view, watching the waterfall crash into the pond below. 

"did you bring your bathing suit?" finn asked, resting his chin on my shoulder. i knew this moment wouldn't last long. neither of us were people who could sit and watch water fall off a cliff for more than two minutes. 

"yeah, why?" i asked back. i knew the answer.

"wanna go swimming?" he scooted back, jumping up, running towards the murky blue water. 

"wait for me!" i stood up. i threw off my yellow sun dress and watched it sway with the wind, and it fell on our towels. finn was already in the water, his shirt thrown onto a rock. 

i approached the water. i dipped my toe in and winced at how cold the water was. i shook my head, took a deep breath..and jumped in. 

finn met me in the middle of the pond, and tackled me into a warn hug in the cold water. this is something i didn't think was possible. to feel so warm in someones arms even though both of our skin showed goose bumps from the chill. 

he dunked his curls under the water, and when he rose up, they were all damp and glued to his head. 

"how did you get so cute?" i asked him, moving the waves away from his eyes. he shrugged in response, and splashed the cold water onto my face.

"it's on wolfhard." i announced, splashing another handful on the pond water onto finn's shoulders. 

the droplets of water all bounced across my face, and finn's for about five minutes before i surrendered. 

i swam under the waterfall where this was a ledge to sit on, how convenient. i sat down, and watched finn walk under the high pressure water falling below. 

"ow" he said as he finally passed through, "i don't recommend doing that"

we both laugh, and finn sits next to me. 

"where did you find this place?" i lift an eyebrow, looking in his direction. 

"my dad found it when he went on a camping trip when he was young. he was with his dad i think, i'm not super clear on the actual story. he showed it to me before my first audition down in LA." he nods.

"how many girls have you taken here?" i smirk, leaving him a blushing mess, "come on, i can't be the only one"

"does my mom count?"

"no seriously, i won't be mad" i smile, actually wanting to know the answer. i've never be one to worry about competition, even though he had a large following. 

"if my mom doesn't count, then zero." he looks down, then up again, cupping my face in his hand, "you are the only one" 

i blush, "i love you," he smiles too, and kisses my cheek, "it's kind of weird saying that."

"why?" he asks pouting.

"because, every time i say it, a new set of butterflies gets added to my stomach. i think its just a sign that every time i say it, i'm falling deeper and deeper for you" i speak the truth. it all spilling out of my mouth like a song you memorized for years and years. 

"y/n, you are my one and only" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG. my friend and i cam up with this idea a long time ago, and i just got the motivation to finish it up. quarantine is making me wanna write more since i finished school, so expect more imagines soon! 

words: 1519

finn wolfhard imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें