"You speak Italian?" Frank asked.

Nico shot him a look as if warning Frank from asking anymore questions. "Frank is right. We have to find that address. The only way to do it is to walk the city. Venice is a maze. We'll have to risk the crowds and those...whatever they are."

Thunder rumbled in the clear summer sky. They'd passed through more storms than usual last night and Hina frowned. 

Jason studied the horizon. "Maybe I should stay on board. Lots of venti in that storm last night. If they decide to attack the ship again..."

He didn't need to finish. Everyone had dealt with the angry storm spirits and Jason was the best at fending them off.

Hina sighed, not too eager to venture off into the city and see what trouble was waiting for her. "I'm out, I need to reorganize my renovated med bay," she announced, mentally preparing herself to wrestle with Athena's feet.

Coach Hedge grunted. "Well, I'm out, too. If you softhearted cupcakes are going to stroll through Venice without even whacking those furry animals on the head, forget it. I don't like boring expeditions."

"It's okay, Coach." Leo grinned. "We still have to repair the foremast. Then I need your help in the engine room. I've got an idea for a new installation."

Hina wasn't sure how to feel about the gleam in Leo's eyes, she felt her stomach do flips.

"Well..." Piper shifted her feet. "Whoever goes should be good with animals. I, uh...I'll admit I'm not great with cows."

Tilting her head to the side, Hina shot Piper a quizzical glance. There was definitely a fun story there.

"I'll go," Frank volunteered, probably knowing he'd be sent anyways, as their resident animal shapeshifter. 

Leo patted him on shoulder and handed him the leather-bound book. "Awesome. If you pass a hardware store, could you get me some two-by-fours and a gallon of tar?"

"Leo," Hazel chided, "it's not a shopping trip."

"I'll go with Frank," Nico offered.

Hina watched Frank's face pale, before he forced a smile. It was no secret the son of Hades put everyone on edge.

"Uh...you're good with animals?" he asked.

Nico smiled without humor. "Actually, most animals hate me. They can sense death. But there's something about this city...." His expression turned grim. "Lots of death. Restless spirits. If I go, I may be able to keep them at bay. Besides, as you noticed, I speak Italian."

Leo scratched his head. "Lots of death, huh? Personally, I'm trying to avoid lots of death, but you guys have fun!"

"I'll go too." Hazel slipped her arm through Frank's, obviously sensing his panic. "Three is the best number for a demigod quest, right?"

Hina smiled watching relief flood over Frank's face.

Nico stared at the canals, as if wondering what new and interesting forms of evil spirits might be lurking there. "All right, then. Let's go find the owner of that book."

The group nodded, everyone splitting up to do their own jobs. 

Reorganizing the med bay was more difficult than Hina originally thought. She was hanging over the Athena Parthanos' ankle, stretching to reach a vial of nectar.

"I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure doing yoga on a statue is not recommended for broken ribs," Leo mused, standing in the doorway watching Hina struggle. 

She huffed, blowing a loose strand of hair from her face. "It's also not recommended to leave a statue in the med bay, yet here we are."

He cracked a grin, raising his arms defensively. "You got me there." There was a change in Leo, he seemed calmer and less agitated. Hina wondered if the kleptomaniac dwarfs had sparked something inside Leo, other than to get better pants.