Chapter 10: Power Plant

*(Y/N) POV*

I opened the door, "Mom? Dad? I'm home."

As I walked in Wyatt followed me. Then I heard my dad, he was in the living room. His breathing was heavy, mom was in her room and was making her way down here.

"Why are you home so late?" My dad asked, the way he was sitting he couldn't see Wyatt.

"Remember? I told you I was going out." I rubbed the back of my head, "and I have to go out again."

"You're doing what?" My mom said as she came down the stairs.

She stopped and stared at Wyatt behind me who gave her a smile, showing his fangs.

"You were with the werewolves?!" She gasped.

My father jumped up and ran to my moms side before she fainted, "Living room, now."

I signaled Wyatt to follow, we went and sat on the couch. Our living room was small, but we had what we needed to fit four people comfortably. My mother and father sat in the chairs across from us.

"Look, ma, pa, I can explain." I tried to explain myself but the look on my fathers face told me to stop.

"(Y/N), we love you and care for you as our own daughter. Now, we want you to be completely honest. About everything." He said, holding mom's hand over the arm rests.

I took a deep breath, "okay, so I told about how there were some kids at school, who needed my help? Yeah so that was the werewolves. And...." I looked down and smiled softly, "I found...who I'm suppose to be. Where I belong."

I glanced at Wyatt, I could tell he was uncomfortable, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. My mother inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled.

"Hun...we're..happy for you. But, wolves?"

I felt offended, hurt even. I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Mom, I'm a wolf. I'm part if their pack! See?" I showed them my ears, my fangs, my moonstone, my eyes, "And Wyatt here, yes he's also a wolf. But he's part of my pack."

I got up from the couch and took off my moonstone and held it in my hands, showing them, "See this? My soul...a part if it's inside this stone..it happened when I put it on. Without it, I'll die over time. I'll get sick, I'll suffer. A-and the rest of the pack...my pack. They're already sick, they're dying. Mom, dad. Please."

I looked into their eyes, "Let me help them."

My mom touched the moonstone, and she sighed, "...okay hun...just be safe." She kissed my forehead.

My dad sighed, he knew he couldn't stop me, "Kiddo, we asked for everything. You've never brought anyone home except, not even your friend Izzy and suddenly you bring a boy home. At night!"

Mom lightly hit him, "Hey! She can date whoever she wants! And didn't you hear her? She's busy."

My cheeks warmed up as my mom said that, I looked over at Wyatt and he was also blushing.

I saw my dad wanted to complain, but he didn't and gave in, "Fine, go do your thing kiddo."

I smiled and hugged them and whispered in my dad's ear, "don't worry pa, we haven't done anything, and I'd tell you if anything did happen."

I let them go, smiling at them. They both smiled back, my dad looked relieved. I turned to Wyatt.

"Shall we?" I offered him my hand.

He quickly took it and got off the couch. We left the house hand in hand, I was starting to get used to his hand in mine.

"So, you're parents are fun." Wyatt said.

"If only you could have met them in a better mood." I sighed, we were still holding hands.

"So what's the plan once we get there?" Wyatt asked.

"Well," I started, " I can feel it calling to me. I know once I get there, I can find it."

"That's the Great Alpha for ya." He chuckled.

We smiled at each other as we arrived at the power plant. I stared at it, a feeling came over me I couldn't explain. The moonstone was calling me, I knew exactly where it was.

Wyatt tore me away from the power plant, and was staring into my eyes.

"(Y/N), are you okay? You weren't responding." He looked worried.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, it was the moonstone." I looked back to the power plant, "Let's go."

Suddenly, Wyatt starts coughing. I turn back to him. His eyes were gold and his moonstone yellow, I quickly ran to his side. I saw this back in the den when I went to find Willa. It broke my heart then and it breaks my heart even more seeing Wyatt in pain. He started to fall to the ground as his coughing got even worse. I caught him and slowly let him down on the ground. His arm over my neck, I rubbed his back. His coughing died down, he huffed as he caught his breath.

"Better?" I asked worried.

"Yeah," He started to get up on his own, I quickly helped him.

"Don't push yourself," I wrapped my other arm around him, bringing him into a tight embrace, "the moonstone is really close. Once we get inside we'll get it and you can get better."

He hugged me back, "Hey, ya don't need to worry about me. I'm fine now."

I nodded my head, I could hear his heart beat, it was beating pretty fast, "Are you sure?"

I looked up into his eyes, he gave me a wide smile, "Yup! Perfectly fine."

"Okay then, let's go." I smiled weakly.

We let go of each other and walk into the power plant together, most of the pack was already there. The last two groups arrived shortly after us.

"What now?" Wynter asked.

I felt it, the moonstone was right under me, "This way!"

I ran over to some stairs going down, the pack followed. I jumped down the flight of stairs, which was only five steps, and went bolting to a metal door down the hallway.

"It's in here!" I yelled, the pack came running behind me.

The door was sealed, the only way to open it was a rusted wheel. I struggled trying to turn it. Then Wyatt joined me in trying to turn it as well. Willa, Wynter and some others joined in. We had as many wolves as possible trying to open the door.

"On three!" I shouted, "One! Two! Three!"

Groans filled the building as we all tried turning it, then suddenly the wheel moved with a loud click and the door flew open.

We hall fell inside on the ground in a big wolf pile and started coughing because of the dust in the air. Wyatt was on my back, but I barley noticed as I looked up and saw the most beautiful stone I've ever seen.

"It's here!" I yelled, and everyone started howling with cheer.

We got up and with all of us, were able to take it out of the room and up into the power plant. We set it down huffing.

"It's...so....HEAVY!" Wynter cried between her huffs.

We all whined in agreement.

Then suddenly from behind us.

"Freeze wolves!"

*Don't forget to vote or comment if you enjoyed the story!*