Chapter 4: Werewolves

*(Y/N) POV*

"(Y/N) DARLING!!" I jolted awake to the sound of my mom's voice. I was in the most awkward position ever, my hair a mess, drool on my right cheek, and I sloppily wiped it off.

"Yeah, mom?!" I yelled back, sitting up and stretching my back.

"The law still makes you go to school! You're going to be late!"

I looked at my old clock on the wall. I rubbed my eyes and saw it said 7:45 a.m.

"OH, MY GOG!!! THANK YOU, MOM!"

I ran around throwing things left and right looking for my left shoe. I grabbed black shorts, a burgundy T-shirt, mismatched long socks. Pink on the left and green on the right. And black combat boots. Tears built up in my eyes as I brushed my hair like a maniac while brushing my teeth at the same time. With a hairbrush in my right hand, I grabbed my backpack, threw it over my shoulder, and ran downstairs. Mom held a piece of toast out for me as I jumped down the stairs.

"Thanks, mom!" I bit the toast so I could keep brushing my hair.

"Bye mum bye, daf," I mumbled with the toast in my mouth.

"Are you going out with your shirt backward?" Dad asked, tying his shoes in the living room.

I groaned as I threw my backpack off and pulled my arms in to turn my burgundy shirt around, picked my bag back up, "danks daf!" with toast still in my mouth I sprinted to school.

"Did you wake up in a grave for something?" My friend, Izzy, a zombie, asked as I walked up to her.

She's taller than me, and a charming zombie with curly green hair. She's wearing a black tank top under a ripped up dark green shirt with a burgundy skirt with black ripped leggings and green tennis shoes. Chains hang off her hips, chimed with every step she took.

"It sure feels like it!" I rubbed my neck, "I slept in such a crazy position you have no idea."

As we walked together, we saw Bucky going around saying what he wants to do when he's elected. We both looked at each other and rolled our eyes and giggled.

"I hope someone runs against him." Izzy put her hands behind her head.

I just snickered, "I don't know, even if someone did doesn't mean they'll win. Just saying."

She sighed, "You're probably right. But the announcement of the presidential candidacy is soon."

"Do I have to go?" I pouted my lips, but then I stopped and sniffed the air.

Izzy looked at me with her brown eyes, "you good girl?"

"You don't smell that?" There was some weird smell lingering in the air, "it smells like...a forest?"

"(Y/N)," she came up to me holding my hands and looked me in the eyes, "Ya finally gone crazy."

I slumped, "Thanks, Iz, for having so much faith in me."

She smiled, "That's what I'm here for!"

I can't help but laugh, "Yup, totally." I start walking towards the auditorium.

"Wait, I-I was just messing with you! (Y/N)!! Don't goooo!" She ran after me.

We sat up near the front, waiting for the announcements to start. Everyone was talking, wondering if anyone will go against Bucky.

"Maybe you should run Iz; you're smart, you don't let anyone walk over you. And you're pretty liked." I told her.

She burst out laughing, "Nice one (Y/N/N) *your nickname*."

"I wasn't joking.."

She stopped and looked at me, dumbfounded, "oh, sorry about that... Being popular isn't for me."

I wasn't going to argue with her, besides the announcement started. Bucky got up and made his entrance, he had the whole cheer team, excluding me, cheering for him.

I whisper to Izzy, "I think maybe I was supposed to wear my uniform."

She whispered back, "who cares."

The next thing we knew, Zed was rolling down the seats, everyone stopped cheering except for Bucky. Then Zed acted like he meant to do that. Zed announced he was also running for president. Before anyone complains, Izzy was already standing.

"WOOOHOOO!!! ZOMBIE PRESIDENT!" Izzy cheered, and others started to join her, including me.

When the room was silent, Zed started to talk about why we should vote for him.

"As your president, I will make Seabrook a place that accepts zombies and-" Zed was cut off.

"Werewolves?!" Bree yelped, pointing towards the doors.

"Uh, noo, why would we want--werewolves?!?!" He yelled.

We all looked, and sure enough, a pack of werewolves burst through the doors. People started screaming, which made my ears hurt a lot. Izzy grabbed by the arm and dragged me.

"There she is!" I heard a girl's voice say, I heard Zed yell out something sporty, and the football team made a circle around me, Izzy, Addison, Eliza, and Zed.

The same voice said, "where's the moonstone white hair?"

When I looked up from the pain ringing in my ears, it was a female werewolf. She was slightly darker than the rest. Her dark brown, curly hair had a strip of white by the side of her face. She was the one howling in the woods! At that moment, Addison and I looked at each other, then back at them and said together, "Which one?"

Then, a really handsome male werewolf, with brown hair and white bangs, got in front of the girl and pointed to me. I never gulped so hard in my life.

"You." Was all he said, but his voice was strangely familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it.

Suddenly Izzy hugged me, and I yelped as she said, "Ya dirty paws ain't touching her!"

Then another female, with lighter brown hair and half the top of her head white, yelled, "Our razor-sharp claws will gut 'em and splatter their blood!"

Everyone jumped back, shrieking in fear. I was still being crushed to death by Izzy. The other werewolves looked at the one.

"Too much?" She asked. They all agreed it was.

Then, the one from the woods yelled, "Wolves! On my command!"

All the werewolves' eyes glowed gold as they bared their fangs growling. I don't know what got into me I couldn't stop myself from braking Izzy's embrace and leapfrogging over the football guys. I heard Izzy yell something at me, but I didn't care.

"If it's me you want, there's no need to bring others into this." I glared at the wolf from the woods.

'Why aren't I scared? I should be scared, right??'

The good-looking werewolf with brown hair and white bangs got in front of the girl.

"Willa!" He said, "That's enough!"

She growled, "Fine. Wolves!" She barked over her shoulder, "Stand down."

All their eyes stopped glowing, but her eyes went right back to glaring into mine. She lunged at me, growling, I didn't flinch an inch. I had the urge to growl back before I did I stepped back, 'what the heck? I'll think about it later.'

"Why are you here?" I turned my gaze to the boy with white bangs. My palms became sweaty as we held our gaze. His eyes were like dark pools that I couldn't help but get lost in. Then, I realized it.

The werewolf, Willa, glanced at the boy next to her and elbowed him. He shook his head like he was just taken out of a trance. Then he made a gesture, and she growled.

Snapping her head towards me, she took a deep breath and tried to be happy, "We are soooo interested in your...town that we wanted to join your school!"

Everyone was freaking out, as Addison made her way in front of me, "Welcome to Seabrook!"

*Don't forget to vote or comment if you enjoyed the story!*