The Kiss (Asra's POV)

"Hey! Give that back!" Y/N says, reaching up to grab the book from my hand.

"Only if you can reach it." I answer, smiling mischievously.

I start walking around the shop, taunting Y/N with the book over my head. She chased after me, jumping to try to get the book but no avail she can't reach. I chuckle at her attempts, seeing her like this is very cute.

Thankfully, the shop is closed by now. Today wasn't as busy as usual, just the regulars that come to Auntie Aurora for guidance and their tarot readings along with personal chance and getting helpful advice. I look out the window to see that the sun was setting, orange and pink painted the sky with swirls as the sun was settling beyond the horizon.

After a while of teasing, Y/N ended up against the wall with me hovering in front of her. She was still trying to grab the book from my grasp.

"Come on Asra, give it back." She says while whining and trying to grab the book.

Y/N reaches for the book again, resting her hand against my chest and stretching her arm up to reach to get some leverage. I blush and gasp slightly at the sudden contact, barely noticing how close our bodies were to each other. Y/N slowly looked up at me, her hand still resting on my chest but the other that was outstretched was now at her side. Her soft gaze looking into mine, her face flushed just like mine.

"A-Asra...?" Y/N asks softly.

My gaze shifted slightly downwards, landing on her lips. They looked so soft and tempting. I leaned in closer, our noses almost touching. My eyes still fixated on her lips. Feeling each other's breath on our skin. I slowly lean in closer, connecting our lips. Her lips feel so soft against mine and taste so sweet, like cherries and strawberries. I wrap my arms around her waist, book still in hand as she wraps her around my neck.

After a while, we separate ourselves from each other. Panting and trying to catch our breath. Our lips swollen from the elongated kiss. Now that her lips weren't against mine, I missed the warmth from it. Wanting to kiss her again. I look into her eyes, shock and content somewhat present in them, her face still flushed. I finally realize what I have done, the gravity of the situation. I immediately straighten myself and scratch the back of my head with my free hand.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't thinking clearly." I say with a stutter while looking down at the ground and dropping my hands to my side. My blush deepening by the second.

"N-no, it's okay. There's no need to apologize." Y/N says, taking my free hand into both of hers.

I look up at her instantly in shock, she's really okay with this? This has to be some sort of dream. Or a nightmare that is just waiting for something to go wrong.

"R-really?" I ask, looking at our conjoined hands.

"Yes." She says, smiling with a blush still present on her face.

"O-okay then." I say, stumbling over my words as a soft giggle escapes her lips.

We stand in comfortable silence, glancing at each other from time to time just to look away quickly while blushing furiously. After a while, we go back to talking and continue cleaning. I hand the book back to Y/N while still blushing. We chuckle slightly and start leaning closer into each other until we hear the shop's door slam open. We jump back away from each other and look to see who entered the shop.

"I'm back! And I brought pumpkin bread!" Auntie Aurora shouts from the shop entrance while holding the bread wrapped in linen into the air.

"W-welcome back Auntie." Y/N says, startled and walks over to Auntie Aurora.

We all gather in the kitchen and enjoy the pumpkin bread together. Y/N and Auntie Aurora live in the shop, their kitchen is next to the shop and their rooms are upstairs. They offered me to stay in their spare bedroom since they don't know the exact details of where I'm living. But I declined obviously since I'm staying with Muriel. I look to see Faust curled up next to my bag on the table near Y/N and Auntie Aurora.

"I should get going." I say, putting my plate into the sink and walking over to the table.

"Alright, be safe." Aurora says, sipping from her cup of tea.

I nod and grab my bag and Faust slithers up my arm and under my scarf. I look at Y/N, who is finishing the last bite of her bread.

"I'll see you tomorrow Y/N." I say, walking to the back door of the shop.

"Bye Asra, be safe on your way home." Y/N says, smiling and waving at me.

I nod and smile while opening the door. I step out of the kitchen and close the door behind me. I walk down further the alleyway, staying close to the shop. I kick a few pebbles around and watch as the light from the kitchen turns off from the small kitchen window. I continue kicking around the pebbles until I look up and see one of the windows above the shop, a soft glow coming from it. It's Y/N's room.

I wait a bit longer, picking up the pebbles from the ground and juggling them in my hands. I pick out one of the pebbles and toss it at Y/N's window. I proceed to toss a few more until the window slowly opens, revealing Y/N holding a candle while holding the window open. She looks down onto me and I smile up at her sheepishly.

"Can I come in?"