Chapter 31 // Date Night

Start from the beginning

“I rather talk about this later.” She shut her locker softly, while people passing were watching us.

“It’s because we’re not official right?” I heard her sigh. “Oh my god it is.”

“Luke it’s not a bad thing, but you know I’ve had bad experiences with public relationships.” I took her hand in mine and kissed it.

“Dani you know I’m different than that douche of a guy. I love you and I just want to show everyone that you’re mine. Not officially but maybe soon we can change that?”

“I love you too but can we just switch the subject?” Dani replied. I nodded. “You ready to go?”

“Where?”

“To our date?”

“Oh crap. I forgot that was today. I told my mom I would look after Sammy.”

“Can’t you ask Violet to watch over him?”

“Ash and her are going out.”

“Wait.” I pulled out my hone from my pocket and dialed Michael’s number. “Who are you calling?”

“Shh.” After 3 rings, Michael picked up. “What do you want? I’m sort of driving.”

“What are you doing right now?”

“We’re going to Cal’s. Why?”

“I need a favor from you two.”

“Wait. Here.” Michael said. A second later, Cal answered the phone. “Hey Luke what’s up?”

“I need a favor from you two.” I repeated.

“What’s the favor?”

“I need you two to watch Dani’s little brother for a maybe 2-3 hours?” I watched Dani’s face as I was talking. She shook her head ‘no’ madly right after her jaw dropped.

“Wait hold on.” I heard shifting noises then Calum said, “You’re on speaker.”

“I need you two to watch Dani’s brother.”

“What’s in it for us?” Michael asked.

“I’ll order a pizza to her house.”

“And?” Calum added.

“What are they asking?” Dani asked.

“They want to know what’s in it for them.”

“Tell them my brother has a PlayStation and an Xbox.”

“She has a PlayStation and an Xbox.” I said through the phone.
“She probably has girly games.” Michael snickered.

“She has FIFA and Call of Duty.” There was a moment of silence before they replied with, “We’ll be there.”

~*~

On the way to the movies, Dani called her mom and Sammy to tell them about Mike and Cal.  “Okay mom, see you later.” She hung up the phone and it in her jacket pocket. “So what are we going to watch?”

“Whatever you want.” I smiled without taking my eyes off the road. I turned into the movie theater’s parking lot. “Can we watch that movie about the guy who gets framed for his wife’s death?”

“You mean, ‘Gone Girl’?”

“Yeah. It sounds interesting.” She smiled as I parked the car.

“Yeah why not?”

~*~

“2 tickets for Gone Girl.”