Chapter 16 // New Years

“Dani! I’m so glad you can make it!” Melanie said, as she opened the door.

“Melanie these are my friends Violet and Ashton.” They exchanged his and hellos.

“You guys can go inside. The boys are in the living room, playing FIFA or something.” Melanie said. “I’ll see you guys later!” She closed the door behind us as we walked to the living room.
“Hey guys!” Ashton said.

“Ash! What’s up mate?!” Michael said without taking his eyes off the TV.

“You guys playing FIFA?” Ash asked while sitting down next to Calum.

“Hell yeah we are.” Calum answered. I followed Violet to the empty couch.

“Hey smartie.” Michael smirked.

“Hi Michael.”

“Hi Daniela.” Calum said.

“HI Calum.” Michael paused the game and looked to Luke. Calum did the same. Luke looked up form his phone and saw them staring at him. “What?” He asked. “Oh. Hi Gray.” Michael unpaused the game and continued to play with Calum.

“Hey Hemmings.” I managed to say.

“I’m Violet if you guys didn’t know that.” Violet introduced herself.

“Of course we know Ash’s girlfriend.” Michael replied.

“So we’re just going play FIFA for the rest of the night until 12?” Violet asked. I rather be at my house with the adults instead of watching them play FIFA the whole night.

“What do you have in mind?” Calum asked.

“We could play a game?”

“We are playing a game.”
“Not a video game like a physical game. Like truth or dare, hide and seek, man hunt, spin the bottle. I don’t know!” Violet said.

“We could play hide and seek.” Luke answered.

“Let us finish this game. It’s tied and I’m gonna kick Calum’s butt.” Michael said. They continued to play the game up until Calum scored a goal. “GOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!” Calum yelled, running around the living room. While Calum was still taking his victory lap, Ash asked, “Who’s it?”

“Not it!” I yelled.

“Not it!” Everyone else yelled.

“Looks like Calum’s it.”

“Fuck!” Calum yelled.

“Don’t swear!” Ashton yelled back.

“Count to 30!” Michael said as he got up from the couch.

“Alright. 1,2,3,4..” Calum started counting with his eyes closed. Violet ran with Ashton to the basement as I ran upstairs. I knew exactly where I was going to hide. I went into the green colored bedroom and hid under the bed. I heard footsteps coming towards me. The person lowered their self to hide under the bed like I was. “Get out this is my hiding place!” I whisper yelled.

“Gray? Leave this is my hiding place!”
“I was here first!” I said pushing him out but my pushing wasn’t really doing anything.

“It’s my house.” Luke said.

“Well… I was here first!”

“READY OR NOT HERE I COME!” We heard Calum yell.

“Fine stay here.” I rolled my eyes, causing Luke to smirk. If he stays here, he’ll be found first. Calum probably went to the basement first since I didn’t hear anything except the TV from downstairs. “So..” Luke whispered.