Chapter 5 // Mall

Chapter 5 //  Mall

I sat up quickly. A little too quickly, causing Luke to wake up.  "What are you guys doing here?" Luke groaned.

"It's my house?" Calum said. "The real question is, what did you guys do?" I looked at Luke as he looked at me. "Nothing." We both said simultaneously.

"Alright sure. Well, you all are going to help me clean the house before my parents come home." Calum said. We all left the attic as Calum was assigning us jobs to do. I had to organize the rooms upstairs while the boys had to work downstairs and outside. I started with the bathroom. Let me just tell you, the bathroom was a mess.  I picked up the shower curtain that was on the floor and placed it in the correct place. The mirror and sink was all dirty so I cleaned it after the shower curtain was fixed.

2 bedrooms were done, now all I needed was the 3rd one and I was done. The 3rd bedroom was a mess. Someone definitely had some 'fun' in here. I redid the bed sheets after I threw out the red solo cups lying around the room. Once I finished, I went to the attic to clean up a bit. I folded the blankets Luke and I used last night. Now that I think about it, I don't remember much last night, besides the games. "There you are. I was looking for you." Luke said, causing me to jump.

"Well here I am." I shrugged.

"We're going to eat at the little diner."
"Nick's Diner? I love that place!"

"Well, Ashton is going to take you home, so you can change. Then we'll meet you there." Luke turned away.

"Wait. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"What happened last night? Nothing happened between us right? Like you know-"

"Like we had sex?"

"Did we?"

"Gray, I drank more beer than you did last night. Plus you'd probably remember if we had sex." He winked at me.

"I would never have sex with you." I snapped.

"You will. Eventually."

"I will never have sex with you or like you or love you or anything. You are just my neighbor." I stared into his piercing blue eyes.

"We'll see about that Gray." Luke winked at me one more time then walked downstairs.

~

"I can't believe you slept with Luke. Literally!" Violet exclaimed.

"Violet shut up! I don't want the whole school to know!" I whisper-yelled at her. I told Violet everything that happened at the Halloween bash.

"Oh ok. I'm sorry. So where's Ashton?" She asked. As if on cue, Ashton walked by our table. "Ashton!" I called out. He turned around then walked back to us. "Hey guys, is it okay if I sit at the guy table?" He smiled. I looked at Violet. "Um... I guess.." Violet mumbled. Ashton smiled even bigger after her response. "Thank you thank you thank you! I love you Vi!" He kissed her cheek then left to Luke's table.

"That was weird.." Vi whispered. "All of a sudden he's sitting with them? Why?"

"Probably because of the party.  He's been all over them since they met at the store." I mumbled.

"I don't want him, hanging out with them. Their terrible influences on him." Violet rolled her eyes. "But, it's his choice."

"I know what will get your mind of Ashton hanging out with the guys. After school why don't we go to the mall? There's barely any one there on a Monday." I suggested.

"I guess. Alright, let's do it!" She clapped her hands. "This is why we're friends."

"I know." I smiled.