Chapter 26 // Party Time

The talk of the school was all about Tamara's party. Violet is currently looking through my closet to pick my outfit for tonight. "I think this outfit will look cute on you." Violet said, holding up the option. The outfit consisted of light wash jeans and a maroon shirt with a small pocket. I got up from the bed to see the outfit closer. She handed me the outfit and urged, "Go try it on!" I went into the bathroom and changed into the outfit. Once I was done, I looked into the bathroom's mirror. I went into my room to show Violet. "Vi, look." She turned around and gasped. "Dani! You look amazing! Oh my god!" She exclaimed.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"We have an hour in a half left. That gives us enough time to curl your hair, so sit." She pointed to my desk chair. I rolled my eyes as I sat in the chair. After the curling iron was done heating up, Violet started to curl my hair.

After an hour of curling my hair, Violet was on the last piece. "57, 58, 59, 60! Done!" She let go of the curled hair strand then, turned off the iron. "Thanks Vi. It looks so nice."

"You look hot. Luke's not going to be able to resist you!" Violet pointed out.

"Vi! You made me look like this because of Luke?"

"Well, yeah. Duh."

"Violet, he has a girlfriend!" I groaned.

"That Johanna girl? She's probably going to cheat on him tonight. I heard that some seniors from that other high school were invited." Violet said.

"Whatever you say Violet."

"Anyway, you could do your own makeup and shoes! I have these beige gladiator sandals you can borrow!"
"Oh god." I muttered. She pulled out the sandals from her bag then handed them to me. I slipped them on and stood up to go see myself in the mirror. "You look hot." She complimented. "Thanks. You should start getting changed, Vi."

"Oh god!" She exclaimed, running across the room to get her outfit. I sat on the desk chair to start doing my makeup.

~*~

"We're here!" Violet squealed. She parked the car and started getting her stuff. "Dani, you okay?" I continued to stare at Tamara's huge house. "To be honest, no."

"D, you're going to be okay. Let this party make you forget what's bothering you." She smiles reassuringly. I smile back and follow her out of the car. We walk in the house and the first thing I do is look around. I see people dancing, people drinking, people just hanging out and Luke. I keep my gaze on him for a second more until Violet pulls me the other way. "Ashton!!" I see Ashton on the other side of the room, waving us over. "Hey!" I walk over to him to hug him before Violet attacks him with her tongue. He hugs me back then pulls away. I turn around as Violet and Ashton started kissing. I see Luke in the other room. "Vi, I'll be back." I yelled over the music, getting a thumbs up from her. I started walking towards the kitchen. After getting a water bottle from the cooler, I started heading back to where Violet and Ashton were. In the process, I bumped into someone but more like someone bumping into me. "I am so sorry." I recognized that voice. I looked up at saw Luke. "Hey Gray."

"Hi Luke."

"You look good." He said.

"Thanks, you do too."

"Thanks. So whatcha drinking?" I showed him the water bottle. "Vodka? Damn Gray I did not know you were into that kind of stuff." He winked.

"It's water, dumbass."

"That hurt." He fake gasped, and clutched his chest, as if his heart hurt. I laughed a little making him smile. "So who'd you come here with Gray?"