Chapter 8

"What is he doing here?"

Dawn sighs and walks up to Kabia,"Kaiba what are you doing here?" He didn't respond to her, he just stared at her,"Answer me!"

He sighs,"If you must know I am here to tell Yugi that he will be a part of a tournament I am hosting. After all, I already know he has a piece of the puzzle." Everyone blinks at him saying. How in the world he knew that Yugi has a piece of the puzzle. He looks at Yugi about what to say after that but he blinks. He couldn't believe it that Diamond was with him. Before he saw her as a puppet under Diva's control. "Diamond." He stood there for a moment and he shook his head. He walks around Dawn and walks up to Diamond. He puts his hands on her rosy cheeks,"Is it really you?" Dawn turned around and saw Kaiba hands on Diamond. She wanted to slap him off her. He had no right to touch her after what he did to her but she controlled herself. Since she knows Diamond and Yugi would stop her. Diamond pushes him off "Of course it's me! After all these years, you come here to challenge Yugi. Then you touch me like nothing happened between us! Why are you Kaiba?" Diamond said more like commanded.

Dawn sighs,"Because he wants to still beat the pharaoh. Look I don't who you that Yugi has a piece of the puzzle but Atem is never coming back. So forget it." Diamond looks at Dawn and she knows that hurt her saying that. "Hmph. You can believe whatever you want Dawn. I know he will come back to this world. Yugi I know you want to see him again." A helicopter flew down along with rope coming down to Kabia,"I already have Diva. I will make him pay for what he did to Diamond and get what I need from him. Then your next Yugi I will beat you and take your piece." Kaiba takes the rope and the aircraft flies off with him. Diamond watches the aircraft leave. She cleansed her fist,"That guy never changed. What a jerk." This made Diamond angry after all these years Kaiba was still obsessed with winning. This is the worst timing they had found their friend is missing, dealt with Diva and now Kabia's stupidity. 

Dawn looks at the ground,"Yugi doesn't have a choice. Yugi needs to teach Kabia the hard way that Atem is not coming back." She started to get choked up,"I…" Diamond looks at her,"Dawn?" Dawn just cried,"I'm okay." Dawn couldn't take it anymore. All this sorrow and sadness of losing Atem finally got to her. She knelt down hitting the ground,"Atem!" Diamond hugs the crying girl,"It's okay Dawn. Let it out." Dawn just kept crying because she didn't hug her back,"I love him so much. All this pain I can't even love another man I just can't." The girl was crying so much. It was like you could feel her sorrow and pain. Diamond hugged her tightly. Her friend was holding this in for too long. She pulls away from her hug and smiles at her,"Dawn you have every right to feel this way but...Would Atem want you to cry?" Dawn looks at her,"Well it's his fault. I'm crying because of him! That jerk left me all alone!" Diamond still kept her smile. She knew Dawn was upset and wasn't thinking straight. So Diamond didn't take her yelling personally. "I know. Which is why when you leave this world and see him again. You give a huge slap on the face." This made Dawn giggle,"yeah I will then give him a passionate kiss." Diamond helps her up,"Thank you Diamond I feel better." Diamond nods and hugs her. Yugi looks at them,"I hate to bring the moment down but I have a tournament to go too." The girls look at him," Your right. It's time for you to kick some ass." Diamond nods agreeing with Dawn. "Alright let's go." Yugi takes Diamond's hand and then along with Dawn they head to the place where the tournament was handled. Joey, Tea and Tristan were already there waiting for them. They went inside to get some seats. Yugi told Diamond and Dawn to go with them and let him handle Diva and Kaiba. "YUGI! You can't be seriously pushing us from this!" Diamond yelled. "She's right. We can help." Dawn added. Yugi sighs,"I don't want to put you two in harm's way."  Dawn groans,"Fine." She knew Yugi wasn't going to change his mind. On the other hand Diamond wasn't going down so easily. She shakes her head,"No! I want to help!" Yugi takes her hands,"Diamond please. I would feel so much better if you stay with Dawn. Diva is gonna be dueling as well and I don't want you to get control by him again." He puts his hand on her cheek. She blushes this feeling was different when Seto touches her cheek. "Trust me in this one." She saw his confidence in his eyes. Dawn takes her hand,"Diamond your boyfriend knows what he is doing. You need to trust him." Dawn dragged her into the stadium. Before they went in Diamond rans back to Yugi and kissed him,"Be safe." Yugi nods. He watches Diamond and Dawn go inside the stadium. His face became heated up and red as tomato,"Holy crap. She kissed me." 

Diamond follows Dawn to their seats next to the others. They look at the battlefield waiting for the tournament to start. "Dawn I don't like this at all. I know what Diva is capable of. He is not a force to be reckoned with." Dawn looks at her,"Everything will be okay. Don't worry Yugi will win you will see." Diamond looks down on the floor,'I hope so." Diamond rolls her eyes to Kabia's show. Yep the guy sure loved to hear himself talk. One of the main things Diamond did not miss about him. Finally Yugi and Diva came out to the field with pieces of the puzzle in their hands. Diamond started to shake in fear seeing Diva. She was afraid of him after everything she went through no one could blame. Dawn noticed her  shaking and held her hand,"It's okay. He won't hurt anymore. He can't be right now." Diamond smiles,"Thanks. I feel safer already."

"My first opponent will be you Diva." Kabia gives Diva a walkway to duel him. Yugi wasn't going to let Kabia have his duel with Diva. After all, he had better reasons to duel Diva then Kaiba."Wait Kabia! I'm going to duel Diva first! He and I have a score to settle." Him and Diva met eyes glaring at each other. "We do." Diva reply.

"Oh Yugi is pissed. Kabia has another thing coming for him." Dawn said. Diamond nods,"Tell him Yugi." 

Kabia looks at him,"This is my tournament. I make the calls." 

"Not this time. I have a friend who is in trouble and dueling Diva might be the only way to bring him back and make him pay for what he did to MY girlfriend. You know me Kaiba I will do anything for a friend and Diamond. So back off! Or gonna have a problem!" Yugi glared at him.

Meanwhile in the audience

Diamond became a blushing mess,"Did he just call his.."

Dawn smirks,"Oh yes he did. It's official Diamond you are officially dating the king of games."

"What?!." Diamond blushes even more. Not only she was dating the king of games. But he told her ex boyfriend that she is his and only his.

Dawn giggles at the sight of Diamond blushing her head off,'Good job Yugi. You finally stood up to Kabia on your own.'

After Seto thought for a moment he gave Yugi a walkway. "Fine. I am only giving this one flavor Yugi." Everyone could tell Kabia wasn't happy with the little announced Yugi had about Diamond. Dawn chuckles,"Ha. That will show Kabia his place." "Highly doubtful. Knowing him." Diamond says. She looks at Yugi and she couldn't help but worry for him. "Please be careful baby." Dawn blinks and she just called Yugi baby. Dawn smiles at her,"Awww you called him baby. Cute." Diamond blushes,"The duel is starting!"

The duel between Diva and Yugi was hard for Diamond to watch. It was like a piece of her felt his pain. After a while Yugi won the duel thanks to his brilliant strategy.  Bakura came back as well. The othersvhugged and were happy to see him back safe and sound. Diva disappeared into thin air when Yugi won the duel. Diva was dealt with now all there was left is Kabia.