Chapter 13 - They're gone.

Maria's P.O.V

I sat up breathing heavily , I looked at the door expecting it to be closed when surprisingly it wasn't ! A gasp escaped me as I approached the door , taking the note I had in hand with me . Am I still dreaming?

As I opened the door , I heard some noises from downstairs , it was the Tv . as I tip-toed down the stairs the noise got louder , and once I got there , I saw Jeff sitting on the couch , Back turned to me and a bottle of beer in hand , He didn't move . 

I took that as a chance to make a run for the door , But when I twisted the doorknob , nothing happened. It was locked . I should have known ! 

I could fully see Jeff know , He took a quick glance at me then stared back at whatever he had on  , Nothing but the Tv's light kept the room lit , It was dark outside .  Jeff turned up the volume . I focused on the what he had on when he did .

' -we have some bad news today , Our neighborhood is slowly losing it's families , It's people . A kid today , reported that his mother was not breathing , When the cops got there the mother was hanging from the ceiling . Her name is Barbara , And this was in fact her second suicide attempt , though this time she actually succeeded.'  My hand that was now pressed to the wall , slowly slid down and came up to clutch at my chest which felt like it was being torn , tears descended down my cheeks as the words kept playing in my head . 'My Mom is dead.'

The person I live for , The only person that made me happy . The one that gave birth to me , I've always wanted her to be proud of me for once .. I always wanted to make her happy .. Mom .

Now .. She's been taken away from me . He took her away from me !

'- while the boy that reported his mother dead , Wasn't found . The family has fallen apart , yesterday , Maria his sister was reported missing . Please if you see these two kids , please ...report to us immediately . ' The reporter said as two pictures of me and Billy appeared on the screen.

My eyes snapped towards Jeff , "No," I whispered . I made my way towards him and took him by the collar , bringing him to face me , " WHERE IS HE ?!" I screamed as I sobbed harder . 

Jeff didn't show any emotion , he just looked like he was in a different place .

" You took me ! You took my bestfriend ! Why .. Why did you have to take Billy ? Why did you have to take my mom , Why did you have to kill her ? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL YOUR OWN ?" I said  , in the mean time letting go of his collar shakily .The bottle in Jeff's hand fell to the ground shattering into pieces . This isn't happening , It can't be ! 

Jeff's eyes snapped to me at the last part ,His eyes were a different shade in a way , The Beautiful blue I saw the first day . Something flashed in them , Pain and regret , that's what they showed but it was only for a second before they showed anger . 

Jeff took out his knife looking at me intensely with mixed emotions . I backed away against the door . Jeff ran at me , eyebrows furrowed as the words I knew he was going to say sooner or later came out of his mouth , " oh , you've done it now . You're going to die sweetheart ." He growled as he came at me.