Chapter 9

Michael had to leave no matter how much Luke wanted him to stay. Apparently Calum got violent when drinking and Michael had to walk him home to make sure he didn't start a fight with someone or his own reflection or something. Luke eventually agreed to let Michael go, stealing one last small kiss from him before he let him leave.

Everyone had left then, the apartment now just dark with the music still playing softly as Luke starting cleaning up a little, just so he didn't have to deal with it all in the morning. Luke looked over to the computer, wondering whether to video call Ashton, but then decided against it when he felt himself dropping off to sleep while standing up.

Stumbling along, Luke got undressed until he was just in his boxers and crawling into bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

*

Luke woke up late, well later than usual, he had no job to wake up too late for. Thank god for being rich. He rolled out of the bed into the cold apartment, sending small shivers across Luke's skin, and he picked up a dark blue hoodie from his closet, shoving it on. It was too big, the sleeves coming way over his hand, but really fucking comfy.

He wandered out into the open plan apartment, picking up a stray beer can he had missed before throwing into the bin, letting out a small cheer with a scratchy throat when he got it in. Falling on the couch, he switched on the TV, watching shitty reality shows and occasionally dozing off on the couch.

Luke pondered calling Michael, but decided against it, thinking he'd rather let him sleep than wake him up. He seemed like the kinda guy who would value his sleep most of the time. At least that was what Luke figured. And he wasn't going to expect a call from Michael, he seemed anxious about that sorta thing, and Luke could respect that, not everyone likes talking over the phone, fair do.

Luke only got up from the couch when he was hungry, shoving some kind of microwaveable meal from the fridge into the oven and hoped for the best, vaguely thinking about how a microwave would probably be useful, and then just waiting for it to be done, before flopping back onto his black leather couch. He didn't really like the couch too much, he was half worried of it getting hot and sticky in the summer, even though he had air conditioning. The only reason he had bought the leather one was it looked a lot more manly than the floral patterns the fabricated sofas exhibited.

What Luke wasn't expecting at around 6pm was his doorbell ringing. And what he was hoping was that Michael had payed some sort of surprise visit of types, so he was more than a little disappointed when Michael wasn't there, though it was expected really.

What was unexpected though was that standing at his door was Calum, the same smug smile as usual plastered on his lips, and Luke had to stop himself from rolling his eyes or punching him. Maybe he could try and do them both at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked, but instead of answering, Calum shoved Luke out the way walking into the apartment, and Luke nearly grabbed the collar of Calum's navy sweater and pulled him back to literally kick him out.

Calum shrugged as he looked around the apartment, despite only being there the night before,"Just looking for something," he replied, drawing out his words as he spoke and Luke glared at him.

"And what may that 'something' be?" Luke asked through clenched teeth, he didn't want to loose his patience, but Calum was pushing it.

"Just my fucks to give, oh wait here they are," and Calum made a show of bending down and looking under the sofa, before standing up and turning back to Luke,"And it seems I give a fuck about you liking Michael," he said, storming over to Luke.

Luke stood up a little taller, as he was already a couple of inches taller, he may as well use that to try and intimidate Calum. Calum seemed unfazed though as he looked up at Luke, so he sighed softly, slouching back to his normal height again.

"Well I don't see why you do, considering it's none of your business," Luke shrugged, taking a small step away from Calum, and Calum glared at him, annoyance and anger sparking in his eyes. Luke had no real idea why.

"It is my business, considering Michael is my friend," Calum spat, his voice rising up so it rang through out the apartment.

"Michael is also a person who can make his own choices, not an object with which you decide who gets to keep it or not," Luke replied calmly, though his voice was laced with spite.

Calum hissed something lowly, too quiet for Luke to hear, but he turned back to Luke with narrowed eyes,"Ya know what Luke, imma give you one chance, but if you hurt Michael don't expect to come off it lightly," and he shoved past Luke, causing him to nearly topple over, leaving the apartment and slamming the door closed behind him, leaving Luke alone to wonder why Michael would ever be friends with him.

Lame af chapter im sorry

I'm really feeling Twenty One Pilots I used to not really like them but now that I've properly listened to their album wow faves

It's school soon and I need to write a geography essay but I'll just stop procrastinating tomorrow yeah? Lmfao

Not much else to report on rn so I'll see you guys in the next update l8r sk8rs