Chapter 26

LAST CHAPTER HOLY SHIT

Really though, to begin with things were awkward. They talked like it was nothing, but then wouldn't see each other for a week or more, both too worried to look clingy if they called or asked to hang out, not wanting to give some sort of wrong impression. It was pretty stupid really.

And then they'd bump into each other and act like it was nothing. Then this cycle repeated for a good month, maybe more. Slowly the awkwardness of wanting each other as more than friends, while having to restrain themselves faded though. It was getting better for both of them. It was no longer torturous just to talk to each other as friends. They were okay with just being nothing more than just friends now. Well just about anyway.

Currently, Luke and Michael were sat in Luke's apartment, watching a movie on his large tv, just a stupid one that they had found on Netflix, and it was dumb, but they watched it tentatively anyway.

Luke was laying on his side, his head resting on Michael's lap and a blanket covering the two, and Michael was running his hands through Luke's hair gently, his gaze fixed to the TV. Despite being very clear that they weren't together, they were still both very touchy people, and they ended up cuddling all the time anyway. At least after the awkward phase had disappeared. And Luke liked it that way. It felt right.

As the movie edit, the credits rolling over, Luke felt himself slowly being moved away from Michael, so he sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily, and looking over at Michael expectantly,"I-I have t-to g-go, work is m-making me c-come in early," he explained, standing up and picking up his leather jacket along the way.

Luke nodded, standing up himself,"D'you want me to drive you home?" Luke asked while Michael was pulling his boots on. That had been one thing to change drastically, and that was that Luke had sold his motorbike. He had been driving it along happily, until he turned a corner too tight too fast and ended up on the floor. He was fine, nothing broken or seriously damaged, but he was put off from his motorbike, probably for life. So he sold it and bought a car instead. Much safer.

"Yeah, th-that'd be g-great," Michael replied, so Luke quickly ran and grabbed a jacket himself, slipping on his black vans as well, and then him and Michael wandered outside, the air which was once cold now warming with spring coming soon.

Both of them slipped into the car, and Luke turned on the engine, to which Fall Out Boy's new album came blaring out the speakers, and Luke reached forwards to turn it down, but Michael reached out faster, taking Luke's had back,"No, n-no, I love their n-new album, it m-makes me rethink l-liking All T-Time L-Low over them," he said, smiling dreamily, and Luke looked over at him while pulling from where he had been parked, joining the traffic in the road.

"Shit, you remember that," Luke laughed, while they were moving at an incredibly slow pace towards Michael's own apartment, and Michael nodded a little, looking down at his hands bashfully.

"Would it b-be ch-cheesy to say that m-meeting you is one of the b-best d-days of m-my life," Michael muttered quietly, and Luke had to mentally awh at him, because well fuck, how can you not.

"Hell yeah it's cheesy," Luke replied,"But I love it, you're cute, compliment me more," he joked in response, because Luke really didn't know how to respond to that without going on in a long drawl about how cute Michael is.

Despite the traffic, it didn't take long to reach Michael's apartment, and Luke pulled over, and Michael quickly hugged him from across the seats in the car, squeezing him tightly before he jumped out the car, waving at Luke while walking over to his apartment.

Luke grinned softly at his hands, and then turned around his car, now not able to do U-turns without a bike, but still he drove home anyway, and again it didn't take more than 10 minutes for Luke to be sat in his apartment, feeling lonelier than he did before without Michael around.

Still, he did his evening routine, chucking a pizza in the oven to cook, and methodically deleting spam emails, because the little red number that had been reading '736' was getting on his nerves now.

At some point, between getting bored of deleting emails and waiting for the pizza to cook, Luke get a phone call, and at first he thought it might've been Michael, calling to say he'd forgotten something and that'd he'd be right over. Or maybe that's just what Luke wanted to hear, somewhere not so deep in his heart and mind.

Sadly it wasn't Michael, and instead his mother, and Luke looked down at his phone questioningly, before picking, knowing he'd somehow be killed if he didn't do so,"Um, hi," Luke muttered awkwardly as he picked up.

Luke was only paying half attention as his mother yabbered down the phone about the business, of course not asking how her son had been, and whether he was okay or not, no that wasn't important.

Though suddenly Luke was snapped back into reality, just as he was taking the pizza out the over, and the words his mother had uttered didn't seem believable,"What do you mean, bankrupt?" he half yelled down the phone, quickly chucking the pizza back into the oven before he dropped it on the floor.

"I mean we have no money, and considering we had been paying for your apartment and well, everything else, you don't have that privilege anymore Luke, essentially you have nothing," she explained, her words rushed as if she just wanted to get off the phone.

"Wait, but what am I supposed to do?" Luke said, and he was starting to panic a bit, because by the sound of it he didn't have anything at all, absolutely nothing.

"Get a job, live your life, do whatever average people your age do, we don't care, we stopped caring the moment you moved out," she snapped down the phone, and if she could see Luke, she would realise how angry he was, but he just about contained if, panic over-riding it this time.

"But how am I supposed to get job, I have no skills, I didn't even go to University for gods sake!" Luke was now full on yelling, pacing up and down the floor anxiously.

"I told you, we don't care what you do, now goodbye Lucas," she hissed, and then she hung up, the dead line sending that low ringing into Luke's ears, while he stood there feeling like he was about to faint.

Um, I hope that ending wasn't too shit, i always feel insecure about my ending but tbh I know nothing about banks, business or anything of the like, so don't ask me just roll with it all okay lmao I'm sorry

The sequel is a direct continuation of this and is posted now (hopefully) so yeah go check that out I decided for the sequel I wanted to do something a bit darker not so light and happy and fluffy, if you can say this was those things idk I felt it was compared to other fics and I'm rambling shit

Um so I'd like to say to everyone reading this, thank you for reading this lmao, I never expected it to get as big as it is, (I know it's not huge but sshh this is a lot of reads for me and I'm super happy about it) and I'm so so happy, every time someone comments something I get so happy and just votes man it's just so great this got more reads than I expected tbh, so yeah thank you so much you are all the loml

So um yeah, I don't want to ramble too much and I'm kind of tired, but go look at the sequel if you want, have fun w/ life, and yeah c u all l8r sk8rs