Chapter 5

Luke was fine getting to sleep. Horror films and anything creepy generally didn't keep him awake, he knew it was all fiction, and nothing made him believe otherwise. So everything was fine on his end.

Of course, when his phone started blasting blink-182 indicating someone was calling him, at 3:07am, he knew not everything was fine on Michael's end. Slowly, Luke swiped the phone the answer, putting it on speaker so he didn't have to bother holding the phone. "You okay Mikey?" Luke's voice low and scratchy with sleepiness.

"I-I-I-I think I-I h-heard s-s-something L-Luke," Michael whimpered from the other end, and Luke sighed softly.

"Something as in?" Luke asked patiently, sitting up in his own bed and rubbing at his eyes.

Luke heard Michael swift slightly in his own duvet, before speaking up again,"A-a l-l-loud b-bang," Michael muttered quietly into the phone, and Luke ran a hand through his hair, there wasn't much he could do where he was right then.

Before Luke could answer, Michael let out a small scream, and he must've heard something, and Luke nearly laughed,"Michael, d'you want me to come over?" Luke asked softly.

"Y-yes," Michael stammered into the phone,"I-if t-th-that's o-o-o-okay," he added shyly.

"It's fine Michael, do you want me to stay on the phone while I make my way over?" Luke asked again, grabbing his phone but keeping it on speaker as he climbed out of bed, getting changed into whatever was on the floor,(which ended up being black skinnies and a red and black flannel that Luke kept unbuttoned because he just couldn't be bothered) and grabbing the keys to his motorbike, wandering outside into the cold night air, which was sharp on his skin, and numbing his hands.

Michael had warned Luke not to be on his phone while driving, so he said a quick goodbye to Michael as he climbed on his bike, hanging up and putting his phone in his pocket, starting the engine, which was way too loud in the silent night, and starting to chase off to where Michael lived quickly.

The roads were empty, not a single car in Luke's way as he twisted around corners at the speed of light, not caring if he got a speeding ticket, and less than ten minutes later he was back at Michael's, maybe he should've stayed there to start with, too late now.

Luke jumped off his bike, taking his keys and hopping it wouldn't rain in the night as there was no cover for his bike as he strode into the lobby of the apartments, and then to the elevator, opting against the stairs for some unknown reason. After a while of pondering which floor number, Luke sighed and closed his eyes, jabbing a random one, which happened to be 17, and hoped for the best.

He rushed out as soon as the doors open, and run down the hallway, but the doors only lead 390, so annoyingly, Luke had to turn back around, jab the button a few times frustratedly, until the elevator finally arrived, and Luke picked two floors up, which only took a couple seconds, and now Luke new he was on the right floor, regaining composure, before wandering down to Michael's door, knocking gently on it.

Luke heard Michael scream gently when he knocked, and he couldn't help but laugh,"Michael, it's me, Luke," he called out gently, as to not wake anyone else accidentally.

Luke heard the door being unlocked immediately after that, and Luke was pulled in roughly, the door being slammed closed and locked quickly then by Michael, who then turned around to face Luke, his back still pressed against the door. It was pitch black in the room, which from what Luke could see was an open plan kitchen/dining/living room with two door leading off, one to a bathroom and another to a bedroom assumably. It was compact, but Luke liked it.

"Michael, maybe you'd be less scared if you turned the lights on," Luke said, reaching to the wall where the switched were, but Michael slapped his hand away quickly.

"I-if we t-t-turn the lights o-on, the d-d-demons w-will be ab-able to s-see us," Michael explained, his words jumbled together so Luke had to think for a while to understand what he had actually said, before nodding.

"You're just tired Mikey, come on, I'll keep you safe while you sleep," Luke said softly, taking Michael's hand in his own gently, and gently guiding him to whichever room was the bedroom, which Michael opened the door to. It was a fine size, with a double bed and wardrobe. No extravagances, just everything you needed. Michael sighed, rolling into bed, and he patted beside him for Luke to join him.

Shrugging, Luke did so, taking off his flannel so he wouldn't get too hot, and laying down beside Michael. Michael groaned softly, pulling Luke towards him sleepily,"I have work tomorrow," he muttered half heartedly, as his eyelids started to fall.

"Call in sick," Luke suggested, brushing his fingers through Michael's hair gently, not feeling so sleepy as before.

Michael chuckled to himself,"Can't, got bills to pay," he replied, pressing his face into Luke's neck as he very quickly got to sleep, and Luke smiled to himself, loving the way Michael's features were so calm and natural as he slept.

So I've decided my update schedule is gonna be every time I write a new chapter (note ive written 11 chapters so far) I'll update, which works for me tbh, meaning updates may be everyday or like once a week, it depends how much motivation I have yeah

I have so many plans for this fic and I'm so excited to write it omg yes

Any predictions though?

Imma go listen to loud music and maybe sleep a little now l8r sk8rs