chapter 30

The team spent the rest of the night celebrating Peter into the family. It was the happiest they've seen the kid, everytime they looked at him he was smiling.

"Hey now let's not get too excited, old mans still got a bedtime" Tony said patting Steve's chest as he walked by him, waking him up from dozing off on the couch.

"Ah c'mon party pooper" Clint said, trying to push Thor's hammer with his foot that sat on the table next to the couch.

"You think you are worthy this time around?" Thor said, smirking, remembering the night that ultron attacked.

"Worthy smirthy" Clint mocked back, still clearly upset that he wasn't able to lift it.

" See point break, some of us still aren't buying the whole worthy thing" Tony said using air quotations.

Peter was sprawled out on the couch, half asleep listening to their conversation. "Fingerprint on the handle" He said tiredly

Tony smiled, knowing that that was the exact same thing he said the night of the party and the ultron attack.

"Damn Tony he is like you" Bruce said, remembering Tony's previous statement.

Tony shrugged putting his hands up "great minds think alike"

"I think the kid has a little bit more morals than to agree with prima nocta" Natasha said from the floor, leaning up against the couch.

"Hey, ancient setting calls for ancient practices" Tony said walking over to Peter who was knocked out at that point. He sat on the arm of the couch

"I think the mini stark would be more capable of ruling asgaurd than you" thor said nonchalantly

Tony raised his eyebrow "that is a manipulative thing to say, because I cannot disagree and say that he wouldn't do great things for those peasants. Must just be a stark thing" He joked

-------

As the conversation died down and the team started filing out into their rooms in the tower, Tony started to walk down to his lab before remembering he had a responsibility to take care of.

He carefully walked over to Peter who laid sprawled on on the couch, and he ran his hand through his hair. Which surprised himself, he wasn't usually the affectionate type, but he did it without thinking.

"Pete, buddy, you gotta get up" He said quietly, but loud enough to wake him up. Peter started to move around in attempts to get comfortable again and fall back asleep.

"Ah ah ah, room. Cmon lets go buddy" Tony said, feeling bad but not wanting the kid to sleep on an uncomfortable couch all night.

Peter ended up reluctantly walking up to his room, but he was happy he did when he laid down in his big comfortable bed and immediately was able to doze off to sleep.

As soon as tony knew he had gotten to his room and was in bed, he went down to the lab just like every other night, adding unnecessary features to his suits and technology of the tower.

"Fri?"

"Keep an eye on Peter boss?" She responded already knowing what tony was going to say out of habit

"Always" Tony said as he continued to tinker.

-------

Peter was running through the war with the gauntlet tucked under his arm like a football. He was so close to getting it to the van when there was an explosion, throwing him and the gauntlet into the dirt.