chapter 18

Peter woke up the next morning. It was Thursday and he was prepared to go to school. He wanted to, he felt like it was time. He got out of his comfortable, warm king bed and went to the bathroom that connected to his room and took a short shower, put his usual science pun shirt on, and jeans. He packed his backpack with his suit just in case, like he always does and quickly ran down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he saw Tony walking up the stairs from down in the lab.

"Where do you think you're off to sonic?" he said with his hands still stained with grease and oil. The dark circles around Tony's eyes led Peter to assume he had been up all night in the lab messing around with his suit or other technical things.

"School?" Peter said confused as if this is something he should know.

"Are you sure you're ready for that? We can keep you home as long as you want, you know?"

"I don't think you can, May is technically still my guardian and besides, I can't avoid my education forever."

"Ah- I don't think so, I'll get the best lawyers in the world to prove that repulsive statement wrong."

Peter smiled and breathed out softly at the effort Tony has put in into keeping May away from him, it definitely made him feel better.

"You know we'll have to talk about all of that, right Pete?" Tony said in a calming voice.

"Yup! Gotta go!" Peter yelled and started running out in an attempt to end the conversation.

"Ah-ah-ah!" Tony yelled loudly as Peter stopped in his tracks, "Why don't I take you to school? Or Happy?"

"Mr. Stark, people would notice the fancy car, I don't want to draw attention to this whole thing. Plus I like taking the subway. It gives me time to think," Peter said trying to convince Tony, which was very hard.

"...Okay..." Tony said wearingly, "but listen to me, if that kid even looks at you or if you see May so help me God."

"I will be fine, I promise," Peter promised and smiled running out the door.

Tony was worried because trouble always seemed to find the kid, no matter what he did. He tried to ease off and let Peter enjoy his day, as a normal kid, with no powers or privileges.

He went to take a shower and put on a dark suit with colored lense glasses like he always wore. His dark facial hair perfectly groomed as well as his hair with not one strand out of place.

He walked back onto the level he was previously on with Peter, but this time the whole team was there suited up.

"Are you guys planning something and not inviting me?" He put his hand on his chest pretending to be shocked and upset.

Natahsa stood up straighter, her tight black suit lined with her weapons that were held on her belt, "Fury is sending us out to review damage in Sokovia. He thought it might settle the accords down a little if we showed that we can take responsibility for our actions."

"And why did I not get informed about this?" Tony asked, getting serious.

"Because Fury has to talk to you," Steve said with a straight face.

"About?"

"Spider-man," Steve informed Tony, looking like he didn't want to be the one to tell him, "We don't know anything else about it, but he'll be here in an hour."

"Nobody told him that it's Peter. Correct?" Tony said short tempered and getting defensive over the kid.

"No Tones," Nat said calmly.

"Are you bringing Bruce to Sokovia?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"No, he has to work in the lab, but he'll be here with you," Nat said trying not to hurt Banner's feelings over not bringing him to a place that he could destroy.

"We should get going," Steve said putting in his com and bringing his shield behind his back, Black Widow following closely behind looking back at Tony giving him a sympathetic look. They walked out to the quinjet which was slowly opening for the others to get on revealing Clint who was pointing at his non existent watch trying to hurry the team up.

The jet closed and took off just as quickly as it came in, leaving a huge burnt mark in the grass.

"Once again. No regard for lawn care," Tony murmured to himself while walking back in.

An hour passed as Tony was busy doing various things around the tower.

"Boss Nick Fury is here."

"Indeed he is. Stark," Fury greeted already walking into the tower.

"You really don't knock, do you?" Tony questioned walking over and shaking his hand, trying to act as professional as he could.

"You seem to forget there was a time when I owned your every movement." Fury joked being semi serious, remembering the time when Tony's blood toxicity was getting bad and he became reckless.

"Times have changed you pirate," He said while pouring himself a glass of liquor.

"Obviously not," Fury said pointing at Stark's bad alcohol habits.

"Hey special occasion. Not everyday the boyband recruiter comes to the ol' tower," Tony said casually while busy closing the bottle.

"I'm here because we need Spider-man to sign the accords, he could be vigilant for all we know," Fury said cutting straight to the point.

"I'm sorry, vigilant? From what I've seen he's been looking out for the little guy in this city," Tony said getting defensive but catching himself so Fury didn't get suspicious of any potential relations, "anyway what makes you think we can help you? Isn't this your deal? Stalking people and then putting them on house arrest," Tony said clearly holding resentment from their past interactions.

"We don't know what kind of technology he has. He could be doing more harm than good. This is below your pay grade, you guys can do it no problem."

"Technology? We're fine, the last person who caught up to my technology was PonyTail express. And myself and Rhodey handled him just fine."

"Here's the thing Stark, that ended in mass destruction. Proving my point. Find Spider-man and bring him to me. All I'm asking is for him to sign the accords. Nothing else, but if you can't deliver, that's where we will have problems," Fury started to walk out, his dark coat catching wind behind him.

"Always so pleasant to see you," Tony said back rhetorically.