chapter 15

Peter had gone through the familiar door of the tower and was immediately hit by the smell of Tony's strong cologne and the motor oil from downstairs in the lab. It made him feel safe, like he was finally able to relax after being back with May those two days. At the tower he didn't need to constantly look behind him, or lock his door, it's just him and the people he trusts. It felt like home.

Peter walked in, leaving the door open behind him for Mr. Stark and he didn't look back. He walked straight up the stairs, neglecting to use the elevator and went to his room. He had missed the size of it, the huge king sized bed and the bathroom connected to it. His room was down one of the wings where Natasha and Tony also have their rooms. Natasha's was two doors down and Tony's: across to the left. Peter looked towards the large bathroom connected to his room and walked inside locking the door out of habit. He decided to wash away today's memories and tried to forget about what happened.

He let the water hit his back with his head down as his internal conflict continued. He thought about how he doesn't want to be a burden to Mr. Stark. He doesn't want to worry him or make him think that he is some weak kid. He could've hidden it a lot longer if he didnt show up today.

He didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of a man that so many people idolize. He wanted to prove that he was able to go out a save as many people from crime as Mr. Stark has. He wanted to be like him.

He got out of the shower and put on a black sweatshirt and the hello kitty pajama pants that Mr. Stark had gotten him after he split the ferry. Peter had realized that he had left his old phone here at the tower and decided to check it, is something he rarely does. When your suit has its own AI you don't really need a phone.

He turned it on to see the Apple logo and he heard the ring of multiple notifications coming through at once.

May Parker (27)

Peter panicked and opened his messages

Where are you little shit

You made me look stupid today and we wont forget that

Peter panicked. What did she mean by "we?" Was it the tall greasy man who had beaten Peter up before? He didn't even bother to read the rest of her messages. He debated blocking her number, as if that would do anything but settled on keeping it for evidence if need be. Plus he was Spiderman. He could handle this. Right?

Whenever he was stressed he would go out on patrol. It helped clear his mind. Peter didn't even bother trying to hide it. He put on his suit and pulled the mask over his face just before jumping out the window.

"Karen? Anything going on?"

"Hello Peter," she said kindly, "there is a mugging on Queens Boulevard."

"Thanks! Hey did I tell you about that algebra test? Nailed it. And I heard Ned got the new Lego Death Star. Hopefully I can find the time to do that with him." Peter rambled on to Karen. He had been in so many bad situations that he hadn't had the chance to truly be himself. The boy who never stopped talking.

Before Peter knew it, he was on Queens Boulevard, "Hey guys? What's going on here? You know if you don't have enough money and you feel the need to steal from this guy... You should get a job," Peter said sarcastically while webbing one of the men to the wall and the other dangling upside down from the balcony above the store.

"I heard idiotville is hiring," Peter mentally laughed at his creativeness before handing the money back to the man.

"Have a nice day sir! I mean night! Have a nice night!" he yelled around swinging through the city.

"What else we got Karen?"

"What we got is incoming," she said apologetically.

'Incoming?' Peter thought in a panic. 'Why isn't my sense going off' He stopped swinging and stood on the roof of a building looking around until he heard a familiar noise.

"Hey Spiderman," Iron man said, barely hovering above the floor.

"Hey metal man" Peter said nervously, being in his suit gave him confidence, but he knew he wasn't supposed to be leaving the tower without Tony knowing. Mr. Stark was intimidating without the suit, but with it, it was even worse.

Suddenly the suit opened revealing Tony in his same black clean suit that he had been wearing earlier. The suit unwrapped from his body and Tony stepped down as it reclosed behind him still hovering above the ground; Tony walked towards Peter.

"Kid, what did I tell you? I can't do anything without Friday alerting me you've left the damn tower again."

"Mr. Stark I just need to get out sometimes, I can't be cooped up so much," Peter revealed to Tony, whose face stayed calm.

"Okay, well it seems like you've been out long enough since Fri alerted me you jumped out your window. Like who the hell does that?" Tony got off topic with a confused expression.

He walked back into his suit as it closed around him, leaving his faceplate open.

"Chop chop. C'mon underoos."

Peter obeyed almost confused by the interaction and the two made their way back to the tower.