chapter 24

The team were all sitting down in the living room flipping through channels before when they saw breaking news.

"...A group of terrorists destroying Advanced Weaponry at Stark Technology that could have possibly had credible leads to a Hydra Base. What appears to be the leader looks to be around 5'8 with brown eyes and brown hair. Other facial features unidentified due to his mask. He appears to be genetically modified due to his crazy strength. Ladies and Gentlemen, don't walk alone at night, and lock your doors. This is the proof we needed that anything could happen at this point."

The news had shown security footage from the bunker that he had taken down. It had shown Peter jumping out of the back of the truck and knocking the men to the ground aggressively as the rest of the guards desperately tried to fight back. Peter, 'Dark Spider' now, walked to the security camera and stared up at it for a moment with dark emotionless eyes before turning away and one of the men behind him shooting up at the camera, causing it to go black.

Clint rewound the tape backwards a couple of times before pausing it on the image of the 'Dark Spider'. The uncovered part of his face looked too familiar to them, "Is that...?"

"Shit," Natasha said quietly getting up quickly before realizing Tony was standing behind the couch.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He yelled. The two of them ran up to his room and threw the door open. Nothing touched.

"Friday, Spider Man sightings," Tony said urgently.

"Spider Man last seen attempting to stop a bank robbery early last night."

"Video cameras?" he prompted.

"Yes sir. Playing tape."

A large blue tinted screen wrapped halfway around the room with a three smaller screens straight in front of Tony scattered around. The large screen displayed Spider Man hugging the wall closely and peeking out behind it. He walked around the corner looking down seemingly talking to himself. One of the smaller displays showed as a group of men came from behind another corner with large weapons in their hands. Tony's eyes flickered to another screen; Peter shot a web up at the ceiling and as his feet were just a couple centimeters off the ground he was pulled back down and held down to the floor. The eight men held him down tightly.He watched as one of the men ripped the mask from his face. He saw the look in Peters eyes and knew it was bad. He knew that was his kid.

The last screen showed a video of a large black van throwing Peter into the back and driving off away from any other security cameras.

"Did you really take him to school today?" Tony seethed, not yet believing that the darkly masked assassin was Peter. Mainly because it was nothing like him. The person on the news eye's weren't light, and there was no remorse. Why would Peter have a reason to destroy any of Tony's technology that he helped make? Because of the fight? No Peter wasn't like that, especially if he was making headway with finding the Hydra base.

Before Nat could say anything Friday's voice came through, "Boss you're getting a call from Midtown School of Science," she informed Tony.

"Put it through," he said without skipping a beat.

"Hello Mr. Stark, we are calling to inform you that Peter Parker is not at school today and as far as we know this is unexcused. Are you aware of this?"

"Um, yes," Tony lied, because if this was Spider Man related he didn't want to give any clues.

"He's sick. He'll be out for a few days. Thanks," Tony said signalling Fri to hang up the call.