Chapter 10: The Confession

This chapter is going to be a long one. And thanks for 500 reads!

December 30th, 1988

Your P.O.V.

"I said I'd help you choose your outfit Y/n." Brenna pulls out another outfit, but this one has short sleeves.

"It can't have short sleeves Brenna, it's still winter dumbass. And it's cold inside of theaters."

She sighs. "Fine, how about this one?" It's a dress that has a bunch of stringy pieces.

"Too complicated."

"God, Y/n you're so picky."

"It's not my fault that you're trying to help me, cuz I never asked you to. Besides, It's. Not. A. Date."

"You just keep telling yourself that."

In what it seems like ten hours later, I finally choose an outfit, a long sleeved floral dress, and some black leggings to keep me warm. Then Brenna goes home, and I go outside to watch for Addison.

While I'm waiting for Addison, I decide to start counting the bricks in the building across the street. I don't know why, but counting things helps me pass time.  1...2...3... I wonder what it's like seeing a musical live? 7...8...9... I continue counting.

200...201...202...203... My counting gets interrupted when I see a non-familiar car pull into our parking lot. I look over the balcony, and see Addison step out of the car. Oh, so it's just Addison. I go inside to say goodbye to Beverly, and I grab my satchel.

I knock on the door. "Beverly! I'm leaving now!" I wait a little while before I go to knock on it again. As I try to knock on it opens, and I almost punch Beverly in the chest. I snatch my hand back. "I just wanted to tell you I'm leaving now."

"Okay, bye!" We do the bise, as we have grown used to it, and I head downstairs.

I open up the door to go outside, and I see Addison in front of it.

I smile, wave my hand, and say:"Hey! I'm ready to go!"

"I was just about to get you. How did you know I was here?"

I shrug. "I just saw a strange car come in the parking lot, so I looked out to see who it was, and it was you."

"Well then, let's go." He takes me to the car, and we get in the backseat.

It's a nice car, and I can recline the seat without getting yelled at. It's kind of a long drive to the theatre, so I count the mailboxes. 1...2...3...4.5..6.7.8.9 "Ten, eleven, twelve." Whenever I count things, I always end up mumbling the words.

"Why are you counting?"

"It's something I do when I'm bored."

"Oh, do you want to play a game then?"

It couldn't hurt. "Sure, what game?"

"It's called the Alphabet game. To play you have to find all of the letters of the alphabet on signs and stuff. The only rule is you can't use license plates."

I wonder how he knows this game. "Makes sense."

"Okay, go."

I search the signs nearby for an A, but Addison finds the first four letters, before I find an A.The game continues like this, with me finding one letter, and him finding more. He gets stuck on Q and when I catch up to him, I find a Q before him on a liquor store sign. I make it to V before he finds a Q. Even though it was my first time playing this, I'm pretty good, so I win.