Chapter 16. "God, I Wanna Kiss You"

[Felix's POV]

     I rush downstairs and push myself in front of my dad who almost got to the door before me, I swing it open and there he is. God I think I might be drooling. Yes, I definitely was. I wipe my mouth discretely. "Hey, Vincent! I'm ready-"

     "Hold it," My dad says gruffly, "come inside for a bit."

     I look to Vincent nervously and he also sends me an anxious look in reply but we both start to follow after my dad.

We make it to the couch where Zach and Karen are watching television. "Why's he here?" Zach glares at Vincent as he enters the room.

     "Uh, I have a date with him." My voice gets more pitchy as I finish the sentence.

     "Blink twice if you're being forced." He mutters.

     I laugh, "I'm not being forced I swear. He cleaned up his act, okay?"

     He rolls his eyes, "if he breaks your heart are we gonna have to learn witchcraft?"

     "Why would we have to learn witchcraft?" I ask him.

     "So we can hex him or something obviously!" He exasperates.

     "We're not going to need to do that I swear." I respond.

     "Anyways, why don't you boys sit down for a quick second?" My dad says.

     Vincent sits down across-ish from my dad and I sit beside him. Both alphas stare into each other's eyes trying to read their intentions. "So, Vincent, was it?"

     "Yes sir." He looks like he's sweating his balls off.

     "What are your intentions with my son on this fine evening?"

     "Uh, well sir my intentions aren't bad if that's what your implying. I'm- I am and well, was a jerk before. I know that and I feel bad about it. And as cliché and stupid as this sounds I've liked Felix since we met. I guess I was just too scared to admit it and while that's not an excuse for what happened I am sorry. And I have never felt more dread in my life than when I realized I went about the whole thing wrong. I also would like to apologize to the rest of you for the incident too, I'm sorry." He rambles and I felt myself cling to every word he said.

     I feel my hand subconsciously drift to his hand that is rested on the couch in between us. He jolts a little and grabs my hand back. My dad sighs, "Have him back by 10:30, got that?"

     "Sir yes sir!" Vincent responds releasing a big breath.

He hops up from his seat, "Come on, I got something fun planned!"

     I wave off my family and follow behind him, we both leave after I finish putting my shoes on.

...

     "So where are we going, are you still not going to tell me?" I ask with a giggle.

     "Nope, not saying a thing."

      I sigh as I watch his hand swing by his side, this is a fake date, right? "Vincent?"

       "Hm?" He hums.

      "Is this really a fake date? It seems kinda, I don't know, not? If that makes sense..." I say as I look the opposite direction of him.

      I hear him stop on the sidewalk so I do too looking back at him. "Uh, do you want it to be a fake date?" He shifts weirdly.

      "Uh well that depends."

     "On?" He asks looking at his hands that he's fiddling with.