Chapter 3. "Detention"

(A/n): Contains mature and triggering content you have been warned.
[Felix's POV]

"Man, this is lame." I mutter to myself as I sit in detention.

I look over to my left and all the way in the back is the alpha from earlier. To be honest he's quite hot and if he were a bit nicer he'd be a total steal but bullies are bullies. I stare for a bit longer before he snaps his head up at me and I panic and whip back around.

I cover myself up by casually doodling on my "homework" sheet that the teacher gave me to be occupied. 'Oh jeez, why does the hottest guy like ever have to be the rudest one too?' I think to myself as I nibble at my plastic pen cap.

I continue to doodle random characters like "Daniel" who is a green haired, blue eyed, precious cinnamon roll trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. I doodle more people to be in his crew like "Misha" who is like the medic of the group, she has black hair greased back with cold brown eyes and a small birth mark shaped like a heart on her neck.

I decide it's as good of a time as any to draw a comic of the crew bashing zombies left and right. Daniel and Misha hauling ass while my two other characters "Wayem" and "Jelly" follow their lead over to an abandoned hospital in hopes of finding some medical equipment.

"Alright detention over." I hear Mr. Grump say tiredly.

"Dang it, I couldn't finish." I say to no one in particular.

I collect my things and the teacher leaves the room saying we can head out whenever. "What were you drawing, omega?" I turn my head to the alpha.

"Just some characters I made up." I say as I turn back to my stuff.

He comes over and peeks at my drawing laughing a little, more like a dry chuckle. "Not bad. Don't stare at me again though, got it?"

     I give him a simple nod, I flinch as he grabs my shoulder unexpectedly. "Answer me."

     "I nodded didn't I?" I say with an angry stare.

     He growls releasing me with a mean look in his eyes, "You listen here you stupid omega, you listen to your superiors that includes me."

     "I may listen to whomever I wish, unless you are my mother or father, the cops or the fucking law you don't have much business bossing me around. Now excuse me, you are in my personal space and I'd like it if you'd remove yourself peacefully out of my bubble." I rant to him following everything up with a sassy stomp of my right foot.

     His eyes shout with rage as he inches closer to me, "You listen here you motherfucker," he grabs me by the throat and leans me over the desk, my back practically breaking as I try to move away. "you will fucking respect me. You are nothing but a cowardly omega used only for pleasure then disposed of like trash. You are the weakest and most useless of the pack meanwhile I could probably kill you right now, watch how you fucking talk omega, the only places you're needed is in the bedroom and the kitchen."

     He releases me from his tense grasp and I gasp as I hold my tender throat lightly. My eyes sting but I don't let any tears get past my watery eyes. "Tch!" He hisses as he walks out.

     I sit there stunned for a little before I realize I need to get home. I finish packing up my things while ignoring the tingling feeling around my neck and the tightness of my throat.

     Skipping the long walk home, I walk through my door and I'm instantly greeted by my family. "Felix, How did you manage to get detention on the first day?" My dad sighs to me.

     I shrug taking my shoes off and putting them on the shoe rack. I use my yellow hoodie that I grabbed out of my backpack a while ago to hide my face as I head up the stairs. "Come back here young man, we need to talk about your behavior recently." I sigh as I dramatically turn around stomping down the stairs towards my dad and Karen, yeah Karen, that's how bad it is.

      "Explain now." Karen cuts in trying to act like a strict mom when really she can't keep her legs closed long enough for her to be anything but a prostitute.

     "It was just a note. I'm not even the one who wrote it." I say rolling my eyes at Karen.

     "What did the note say?" My dad asks and at this point I'm tired of saying it so I just roll my eyes.

     "A vine quote, which is a meme and a meme is a joke so chill." He huffs puffing out his chest like a big bad alpha about to rip me a new one.

     "I do not appreciate this level of disrespect, what would your mom-" I cut him off by running up the stairs and into my room slamming the door so hard I get a little dizzy.

     I lock the door and curl up on my bed once again with watery eyes. He knows that mom is my weak spot so why the fuck does he bring her up so damn often. I hear a soft knock at the door, "Felix?"

     I sigh as I unlock my door, "What's up Zach?" I say as I wipe my eyes with my sleeve.

     He looks at me with his sad puppy dog eyes. He opens his arms up for me as he steps into my room,  respectfully closing my door behind him. "You okay?" He asks genuinely.

"Yeah I'm just being overly dramatic again or something." I sigh as I squeeze my taller baby brother. It's actually quite nice to get a hug from someone taller it's comfortable.

"Okay well if you need anything I'm right next to you." I nod.

He squeezes me one last time before heading out my room with a small "I love you".

"I love you too."

I look down at my hands as he leaves, "Why am I so fucking useless?" I angrily whisper to myself again locking my door.

"I only ever burden people, Zach shouldn't have to worry about me."

"The oldest should be the protector of the family not the dead weight."

"Why do I have to be the fucking dead weight?"

"Maybe I should just give up."

"What's the point? I'm not good enough, I was never good enough I was just there to waste oxygen on. I was just there for a broken marriage, I was the fail safe and when I didn't work they had Zach. I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry. I'm- I- I can't." I mumble brokenly.

I waddle over to my desk and do something I've never done before, I took out my scissors and slid them across the skin of my upper arm where nobody would see. It makes me release the tense breath I've been holding. I watch as it bleeds, red sliding down my arm in a calm current of emotions that crash on the shore like a tsunami hitting a city.

I wipe my scissors off on some tissues I keep in my room before heading to the bathroom to wipe the blood and to bandage up my arm.

Suddenly a wave of hot and cold hits me and I shiver. I need to take my pills, I walk down the stairs and head to our medicine cabinet. I open it up and grab my bottle, as I pick it up though I hear nothing.

I open up my pill bottle and see absolutely nothing inside except for air and empty space. "Dad!" No response.

"Dad!"

"Dad!"

"Dad!"

"What?" I hear my dad yell from upstairs.

"I need a refill on my suppressants like right now."

I hear a loud sigh and a couple of stomps before I see my dad emerge from the stairs. "Are you starting?" I nod.

He sighs again putting on his shoes and waving me a goodbye.

_____________________________
(A/n): I hope you enjoyed. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night.

Words: 1393
Date: July 16, 2019