protect me 15

Ethan's POV

That bastard stumbled to the ground and his lips split with blood trailing down.

Jessica,immediately rushed to his side, concerning about him and he smirked at me. He stood up slowly with Jessica helping him and he held her hand and walked towards me.

I was very angry at this gesture and wanted to punch him again.

But then he placed Jessica's hand in mine and he smiled genuinely. "I gave both of you my blessings but Ethan James, do not say I did not remind you. If you hurt Jessica, I will not hesitate to snatch her away from you." He warned.

"Shut up, I do not need you to tell me what to do!" I retorted back.

He ignored me and looked at Jessica with that soft look instead.

I wanted to kill him for looking at her like that but I controlled myself.

We ate our lunch together on the field, with Jessica stuck to my side while Ryan having some distance from her after my threat to beat him up if he sat close to her.

******************

Jessica's POV

After school, Ethan received a call from his parents, telling him that we have an appointment with the bridal. When we were in the car, Ethan suddenly stopped at the roadside and turned towards me.

"I have been thinking....do u still want to marry me now? I mean since your aunt is in jail and there is no one pressuring you anymore..." He averted his eyes while trailing away.

I kept silent for a while, not knowing how to reply him. He sighed and was about to reverse his car when I said a soft "Yes"

There was no reply from him and I thought he has regretted whatever he has said before. I took a glimpse at him and realised that he was in a state of shock.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in a bear hug and I was sitting on his lap. "Really?! Jessica?!" He yelled, elated with a glint in his eyes. I nodded shyly.

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine and he was kissing me. I did not respond to him as it was the first time I ever kiss someone.

He somehow knew it and pulled away and smiled away. "It is alright. Let's go to the bridal!"