protect me 14

Jessica's POV

I was stunned when Ethan confessed to me. I gasped and suddenly, he placed his lips on mine and kissed me briefly.

He then dragged me to his car and demanded that I get into the car. I have recovered from my initial shock and said "But you have said before that you and I will live our separate lives..." I averted my eyes away, not wanting to continue in case the tears in my eyes fall.

He sighed and tilted my chin upwards to face him and replied "I was trying to avoid my feelings for you before because I was forced into this marriage. But after all that has happened, I realised my feelings for you run deep. I apologised for what I have said before. "

I blushed at his words and he grinned. "So can we get to school now? We are going to be late." I immediately scrambled clumsily into his car upon his words but realised that we still have quite a bit of time to get to school. He chuckled at my reaction and I was so embarrassed.

When we reached school, Ethan insisted I wait for him to help me open the door. After we got out, he clapped loudly, garnering everyone's attention. He then pulled me to him and announced "Jessica is my fiancee and no one will dare to bully her."

Everyone else, including myself, was stunned by his announcement but after a while, they applaused and some cat-whistled. I hid myself into Ethan's side and he laughed at me. He then dragged me to my class and kissed me on the forehead before heading onto his class.

My heart was pounding very wildly by this gesture and I blushed.

"See the bitch over there! Ethan is just playing with her! He will come back to my side soon enough!" I heard Rine Bieber shrieked these words as I sat down. I was in the same class as her and luckily, the teacher came in before she could continue her insults at me.

Lunch came and Ethan waited for me outside my class. He helped me carried my bag even though I refused to let him to at first. "Did anyone treat you nastily today?" He asked. "No." I tried to give him a smile so as to cover up my lie.

But he got angry and held onto my elbow tightly, stopping me. "You lied! Rine Bieber threw insults at you today and you did not mention it to me! Do you not trust me?!" He roared.

"How did you know..?" I whimpered, fearing he would beat me up. He saw the fear in my eyes and hugged me, with one hand around my waist and another craddling my head to his shoulder. "I would never hurt you, not ever again. I am sorry I shouted at you. Please put your trust in me. Alright?" He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes with sincerity.

I nodded and he mumbled something like "I will have a talk with that Rine Bieber" under his breath. He noticed I have overheard him and he gave me a smile.

********************

Ryan's POV

I was so angry at Rine Bieber but I did not want to show it because that would scare off Jessica. I need to help her gain confidence and trust in me. We were walking towards the cafeteria when Jessica tugged my sleeve and said softly that she wants to go to the field to have her lunch instead. "But we did not pack lunch. I can buy something from the cafeteria instead and meet you on the. field?" I asked and she smiled weakly.

However, when I reached the field with the food I bought, I saw Jessica sitting beside Ryan on the field. She seemed to be explaining to him and he was frowning. Suddenly, he was stroking her head and she did not seem to notice that gesture of him. I saw fit and marched angrily to them. I threw the bags and the food down which gained their attention.

"Ethan, I was just telling Ryan my past as well as my engagement to you." Jessica scrambled to her feet while explaining herself to me anxiously. "Yes, she is." Ryan piped in and he also stood up. "Then why must you touch her?!" I yelled at him and without any warning, I threw him a punch.