protect me 11

Jessica's POV

Big drops of tears rolled down my face as I ran away from him.His words of concern reminded me of the words he has said the first time he met me. Maybe he was so concerned because his father has asked him to. Wild thoughts invaded my mind and before I knew it, I have reached the field. Ryan was still sitting on the same spot and when he saw the tear tracks on my face, he got up and anger evident in his eyes. "Hey, that guy hurt you, is it?!" He wanted to go after him but I stopped him and wiped my tear tracks away. "No, he was just concerned about me and something got into my eyes." I gave him a bright smile but it must have seem as more of a grimace than a smile. He looked suspicious but did not probe further. However, he inched closer to me and smoothed a strand of hair behind my ear. He then lowered down his head and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. My heart was thudding wildly and I stepped back. He held onto both of my elbows and said softly "Sorry that I got you a scare." Just then the bell rang and with that, he stepped back, took our bags and trash from the ground and lead me to classes.

However, from out of nowhere, Ethan came and punched Ryan. "Jessica is marrying me and you do not touch her ever again! Do you hear me, you asshole?!" Ethan yelled in anger at Ryan, who has stumbled onto the ground by the force and his lips was spilt. I cried out loudly and rushed to Ryan. Ryan was beyond shocked to hear his words and he turned towards me, asking for my silent confirmation. I nodded and hung my head low. "Why the hell did you not tell me?!" Ryan roared in anger and he picked himself up, grabbed his bag and was storming out of the school. I stood up and was completely lost and humilated by what has happened. I might have just lost a potential friend. "I have changed my mind. I can fool around but not you. You will be my nice little wifey" Ethan smirked and stated. "Ryan and I are just friends." I told him quietly. "It is not that way from what I could see just now." He narrowed his eyes and picked up my bag, leading me to class. I followed him as I remembered what Aunt Mary has said about not making Ethan angry. The sadness which was lifted from me due to the presence of Ryan for the past few days settled in me once again.

*******************

Ethan's POV

I held onto her hand as I lead her to her class. However, I could feel that she was sad and disappointed. I suddenly stopped and she nearly crashed into me. "Are you sad that the little boyfriend of yours dumped you?" I questioned her. "No... I am not. And he is not my boyfriend." She said quietly. 'This girl has no temper in her.' I think to myself. 'And she looks scared all the time.' This additional thought came and it did not settle well in me.However, she refused to tell me anything and with what I have just told her, she must be frightened of me. 'Ethan James, what a jerk you are!' I scolded myself mentally. I sighed and continued to walk to classes. And of course, we were late for classes and got detention.

After detention, Jessica was the first to rush out of the classroom and I noticed she was very nervous throughout the detention. She kept on shifting in her chair as well as looking at the wall clock. I chased after her and grabbed her hand. She seemed to be in a trance and got scared when I grabbed her. "What's wrong?" I questioned. "Oh...nothing...i am just rushing back home. My aunt is waiting for me." She stammered, not looking into my eyes. I lead her to my car and said "Get in, I am giving you a lift." She only nodded and got into the car.

In the car, she was extremely quiet and that should not surprising. However, her face was pale and she has broke out in a cold sweat. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, concerned about her. She did not reply but only shook her head with a smile or more like a grimace on her face.

When we reached in front of her house in which the front lawn was unkempt and paint was peeling off the walls, she immediately jumped out with her bag slung over her shoulders and walked briskly to her house. However, she seemed to remember something and turned around slightly, giving me a small genuine smile. My heart skipped a beat but she was gone before I could smile back.

********************

Jessica's POV

I shivered when I saw Aunt Mary slumped on the sofa, a bottle of beer in her right hand. Her head turned towards me and she heard the door opened. Her eyes were initially half-closed due to her drunkenness but they immediately shot open when she saw me. Anger was evident in her bloodshot eyes and I could tell I would be half-beaten to death tonight.

She swung her glass towards me and I raised up my left hand to shield my head. The glass bottle broke into pieces and blood gushed up from the deep cut it has made on my hand. Although I was wearing hoodie with long sleeves, it did not provide any protection at all. "Why are you so late? Whoring around again, is it?!" She screamed into my face. She strangled me and I tried to release her hold. However, her hold tightened and because she was much stronger than me, I could feel my life slipping away from me. My vision was turning blurry and black. The last thing I heard before I lost my consciousness was "Hey, what are you doing?!"

Protect Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें