He forgot about me

Start from the beginning

"Yeah....yeah I am" he says in a warm subtle way, that brought the butterflies in my stomach back to life.

I couldn't help but bring my arms back around his neck, to give him yet another hug. "I missed you so much" I say while digging my face into the crock of his neck, after all this time it still fits there perfectly.

"Uh...who are you exactly?" Mon-el says in a confused tone, while gently trying to escape the hug I was currently giving him.

"...it's-it's me" I say returning his confused tone right back at him. I looked into his eyes to see if he was joking, but the only thing I saw was pure confusion.
"We need to get you to the DEO now!" I say hurriedly, while grabbing on to his wrist to lead him out of the bank and to the DEO.

"The what?"

*****
"Everything seems normal" Alex says as she does one last final check of Mon-el's vitals.

"Are-are you sure?" I say a little more anxious than intended.

"Yeah...everything's coming up normal, his vitals are okay, his heart-rate is normal, and there have been no signs of physic activity on his brain" says Alex as she removes pulse oximeter from Mon-el's finger.

"We'll get to the bottom of this Kara" J'onn says while putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Well...as far as I'm concerned he...he could just be a doppelgänger..." Winn mumbles quietly in the corner.

"Winn's right, maybe it isn't the Mon-el we knew" Alex adds to Winn's theory.

"Maybe his name isn't even Mon-el...is it?" Winn ask curiously.

"Yeah-yeah my names Mon-el" says a very confused daxamite (or something of that sort).

"Oh okay, well, Mon-el..., what exactly do you remember?" Alex says with a hint of confusion and curiosity lurking in her voice.

"Uh...well I came here from the 31st century" Mon-el says like it's the most natural thing to say in the world.

"Wait...the 31st century?!" Winn exclaims loudly, sounding really confused.

"Yup"

"As in the future?!"

"Uh-huh"

"Wow that's awesome!" Winn shouts excitedly. "Do the Stars Wars movies happen to get any better?!" Winn manages to say before he is met by three sets of death glares. "Sorry...I'll just leave the questions to you guys" Winn says quietly before moving to take a set at the edge of the Mon-els bed.

"Do you remember anything else?" I ask with a hint of desperation present in my voice.

"Um...I was saying goodbye to my friends Imra and Brainy" Mon-el says as he try's to gather some more of his memories.

"Why were you saying bye?" J'onn asks him.

"Now that I don't remember...I'm sorry" Mon-el says sounding a bit disappointed with himself.

"There's nothing to be sorry about" I say to him before giving him a small smile, which he gladly returns, god I've missed that smile so much more than words can ever explain.

"Why don't you head the the conference room with Alex, so we can do a quick debriefing" J'onn ask Mon-el, as he gets up from his seat.

"Uh okay sure" Mon-el reply's

"Okay great" J'onn says before patting Mon-els knee gently and leaving the medbay.

"Winn do you mind showing him to the conference room, I'll be right there in a couple on minutes" Says Alex before she turns here head to look at me.

"Sure!" Winn responds excitedly. As he stands by the doorway waiting for Mon-el to catch up with him.

"Uh...I'll guess I'll be seeing you around later than " Mon-el tells me as he gets up from the bed he was sitting on.

"Uh...yeah I guess so" I say hating the fact that my voice was shaking.

"It was nice meeting...Kara was it?" Mon-els ask as he makes his way towards the door.

"....yeah-yeah...that's my name" I mumble softly.

"That's a really beautiful name" he says while giving me a small smile.

"Thanks..." I say before returning the smile although it doesn't quite reach my eyes.

And just like that he was out the door.

"Kara I'm so sorry" Alex says before engulfing me in a hug. "I really thought it was Mon-el for a second and when Winn brought up the doppelgänger theory everything just started to make more sense and....I'm so sorry Kara"

"It's-....."

"What?!" Alex ask pulling away.

"It's him!" I say as tears start oozing out my eyes.

"Kara...we don't know that" Alex says trying to calm me down.

"He- he's wearing my necklace..." I mumble more to myself than her.

"What?"

"He's wearing my necklace..." I saw the shimmer of silver, and a blue tear shape pendant hanging  around his neck as he turned the corner.

He kept the necklace.

But he forgot who gave it to him.

He forgot about me.

____________________________________

You'd think that staying at home would give you more free time but that is not the case for me 😂 I've been writing this for almost a week!