chapter.one

infatuation:
an intense but short lived passion or admiration for someone or something.

~~~

I always hated hospitals. The nasty hand sanitizer smell made me feel even more sick. The ugly nightgowns the patients had to wear made me feel uncomfortable. And don't get me started on the doctors. They think they're all high and mighty, calling themselves "care takers", when they really act like murderers.

If my boss didn't make me come here for some stupid cut, I would still be at work making money.

I work as a mechanic. Fixing, repairing, and even constructing cars and motorcycles is what I loved doing. My boss is also technically my best friend, Julius. He took the business from his father and made it his own. We both worked there as high schoolers for some extra cash and ended up loving it. His auto repair shop grew extremely successful and we're able to make very good money from it. So not only do I love my job, I also basically make 6 figures. Surprising right?

The beige and white colored room was spacious, organized, and clean. There was a TV in front of me on the wall with the news being broadcasted. I was laying in the uncomfortable rectangle bed with the thin nightgown over my chest. The white and blue sheets spread over my body lazily on the lower half of my body.

Staying in a room like this made my stomach hurt as all the memories started flooding back in from my childhood. The constant visits, needles, and low pitched beeping sound from my past always made a pit grow in my stomach. Being in a room like this can be scary for a younger boy. All alone, watching unfamiliar faces stab you with huge needles and watch as whatever was inside you be sucked into a plastic bag. It made me cringe. Thank God I got better.

A knock on the door from the outside echoed through the room, and my thoughts were cut off. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Great, the doctor is here.

"Can I come in?" The female voice on the other side was soft and light, unlike the other doctors I've dealt with before. She sounded mature, and even though it was light you could hear the authority. Her voice made butterflies wake up in my stomach, and I needed to take a deep breath to calm them down. It was just a voice so why was my body acting like this? "Uh- yeah," I answered hesitantly.

I found myself getting excited to see who was at the other side of the door, and hoped I wouldn't be disappointed when her voice already made me feel tingly.

The heavy door was opened slowly to reveal the doctor who was going to take care of me.

Well, hello there.

I found myself staring in awe at her dark golden brown skin and long jet black hair. Her chocolate brown eyes stared back at me and her full lips stretched into a smile. Even in those unfashionable scrubs, her figure was still evident as she walked towards me.

I felt entranced. Like she hypnotized me. She was doing something to me. And honestly, I don't mind. She is making me want her. Need her.

"How are you? My name is Doctor Greene and I will be looking after you today." Her voice was even clearer next to me and it sounded even nicer than before. I could listen to it all day. I want to hear her scream under me. "This is also Nurse Ava. She will be here to help with the procedure."

I didn't even notice the pale petite nurse that was standing next to the doctor. She looked me up and down, even though I was laying in the bed.

When I didn't answer, the beautiful doctor grabbed a clipboard from the side table and flipped through some of the pages. My eyes stayed on her.